I am a gastrointestinal (GI) medical oncologist with a research interest in gastroesophageal cancers and cancer immunotherapy. I completed my clinical training in adult hematology-oncology at the University of Oklahoma, USA, and research training at Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, where I gained extensive, hands-on lab experience. I also earned a Master's degree in Clinical and Translational science during my fellowship. Besides, I attended several workshops, including the prestigious Vail workshop, to hone my clinical research skills. I became board certified in both Hematology and Medical Oncology in 2018.
I have had the opportunity to serve the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) as a volunteer. I have been a member of the Trainee Council Working Group, Clinical Practice Guidelines Committee, and the Professional Development Committee at ASCO. I have also served on multiple guidelines panel for ASCO. I am a panel member at the National Comprehensive Cancer Network(NCCN). I also serve as a member of the board of directors at the Esophageal Cancer Action Network.
I have been fortunate to receive many awards, including memberships in Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society and Gold Humanism Honor Society. I also received a merit award from ASCO.
My current work focuses on novel clinical trials in GI malignancies using circulating tumor DNA as a correlative marker. I have conducted multiple investigator-initiated clinical trials, including an NCI (National Cancer Institute) funded phase 2 trial, as a principal investigator. Besides, I am also interested in understanding the impact of obesity on immune dysfunction in cancer. I received peer-reviewed grants from NCCN and North American Neuroendocrine Tumor Society (NANETS). My work has been presented at many national/international conferences and published in high impact journals like Nature Medicine. I have peer-reviewed scientific articles for several prestigious journals like Clinical Cancer Research.
For me, caring for a cancer patient is more than treating a disease; it's a healing process that involves both the patient's body and mind. I would like to see myself as a successful clinical and translational researcher and a compassionate physician, and a thought leader in the field of GI cancers.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
- Department of Medicine
- Member: Tumor Immunology and Immunotherapy Program (TII)
Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo
- Clinical Assistant Professor
Education and Training:
- 2010 - MD - Nilratan Sircar Medical College, West Bengal University of Health Sciences, India
- 2018 - MS - Master of Science in Clinical and Translational Science, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK
- 2012-2015 - Saint Joseph Hospital, Chicago, IL
- 2015-2018 - University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK
- 2018 - Medical Oncology - American Board of Internal Medicine
- 2018 - Hematology - American Board of Internal Medicine
- 2015 - Internal Medicine - American Board of Internal Medicine
- Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer
- American Association for Cancer Research
- American College of Gastroenterology
- North American Neuroendocrine Tumor Society
- European Society of Medical Oncology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- 2021-present - Quality Subcommittee, Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC)
- 2021-present - Guidelines committee, International Society of the Diseases of the Esophagus
- 2018-present - Member, Occult Primary Panel, NCCN
- 2018-present - Board of Directors, Esophageal Cancer Action Network
- 2017-2018 - Chief fellow, Hematology-Oncology, University of Oklahoma
- 2017-2018 - Clinical Practice Guidelines Committee, ASCO
- 2016-2018 - Professional Development Committee, ASCO
Honors & Awards:
- Clinical Investigator Scholarship Award, North American Neuroendocrine Tumor Society
- ASCO/AACR Methods in Clinical Cancer Workshop, Vail, CO
- James N. George award for the outstanding fellow in hematology-oncology, University of Oklahoma
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Conquer Cancer Foundation Merit Award, ASCO
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Honor Medical Society
- Early Career Reviewer, Developmental Therapeutics (DT), Center for Scientific Review, National Institutes of Health