What is a Patient Advocate?
Patient Advocates play a unique and vital role for patients and your families — acting as a liaison between you, the administration, physicians and staff. We monitor your concerns and resolve any issues with accurate and timely communication. We are here to ensure your questions are answered and your needs are met. We are the central resource for advocacy of your rights as a Roswell Park patient.
Why is a Patient Advocate Needed?
- To resolve issues with coordination of your care
- To mediate poor or counterproductive communication between you or your loved ones and the medical staff
- To dispute any billing issues
- To eradicate possible infringement of patient rights
- To ensure overall quality of service (inpatient or outpatient)
Bringing requests, concerns, or complaints to a Roswell Park patient advocate is not viewed negatively and will in no way result in any repercussions with respect to patient care.
Contact us any time you feel that something is interfering with your care or our services. You or your family member can get in touch with an advocate via telephone, mail, or in person.
Executive Director, Patient and Family Experience
Kara Eaton-Weaver, MA
Courtney M. Kelchlin, MS, LMHC, Senior Patient Advocate
Telephone: 716-845-1365 • Fax Number: 716-845-8611
Adrian Donaldson, MS, LMHC, Patient Advocate
Telephone: 716-845-2981 • Fax Number: 716-845-8611