Are you a high school student interested in learning more about high-tech opportunities in healthcare? Our Buffalo Healthcare Exploration is a two-week program just for you! We offer the chance to learn and innovate in a fast-paced medical environment, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, learning from experts in their fields.
- Interview a professional at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center and tour the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus
- Test your skills on the da Vinci Surgical System (dVSS®)
- Work with a team to innovate a solution or opportunity in healthcare-related issues
- Explore healthcare by following a fictional patient treatment
- See how skills in illustration and photography play a key role in healthcare
- Develop core competencies relevant to succeed in any career you choose
- Prepare for college and learn what to expect on a college campus
Frequently asked questions
Am I eligible for this program?
Current high school students grades 9-11 are eligible to apply for our BHE program. If you are graduating this year, please consider joining us as a TA!
When do I apply?
Applications for summer programs open in November 2022 and close March 5, 2023.
When will the program take place?
July 10-21, 2023
What is the cost of the program?
The program costs $350, but full scholarships are available for anyone who currently qualifies for the National School Lunch Program. Full scholarship information can be found in the online application.
When will I know if I have been accepted?
Students will receive an email by early June regarding their standing.
How many students will be in the program?
Approximately 36 students will be accepted.
Where can I get more information or updates on the program?
If you have any questions about the program, please do not hesitate to contact Nancy Preskop at Nancy.Preskop@RoswellPark.org
BHE teaching assistant
TA applications are open for the 2023 program. If you have any questions, please contact Nancy Preskop at Nancy.Preskop@RoswellPark.org.
Summer research experience programs in cancer science
Are you a college student, health professional student, or high school junior with a specific interest in oncology research? If cancer research or a PhD degree is your career goal, begin your journey this summer by participating in Roswell Park’s Summer Research Program.