Are you a high school student interested in learning more about high-tech opportunities in healthcare? Our Buffalo Healthcare Exploration is a two-week program just for you! We offer the chance to learn and innovate in a fast-paced medical environment, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, learning from experts in their fields.
- Interview a professional at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center and tour the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus
- Test your skills on the da Vinci Surgical System (dVSS®)
- Work with a team to innovate a solution or opportunity in healthcare-related issues
- Explore healthcare by following a fictional patient treatment
- See how skills in illustration and photography play a key role in healthcare
- Develop core competencies relevant to succeed in any career you choose
- Prepare for college and learn what to expect on a college campus
Frequently asked questions
Am I eligible for this program?
Current high school students grades 9-11 are eligible to apply for our BHE program. If you are graduating this year, please consider joining us as a TA!
When do I apply?
Applications for summer programs open in November and close May 4, 2022.
When will the program take place?
July 5-15, 2022
What is the cost of the program?
The program costs $350, but full scholarships are available for anyone who currently qualifies for the National School Lunch Program. Full scholarship information can be found in the online application.
When will I know if I have been accepted?
Students will receive an email by early June regarding their standing.
How many students will be in the program?
Approximately 50 students will be accepted.
Where can I get more information or updates on the program?
We keep our Facebook and Instagram pages updated on projects and admission deadlines.
If you have any questions about the program, please do not hesitate to contact our team at AtlasTeam@RoswellPark.org.
BHE teaching assistant
Are you a college student with an interest in healthcare and leadership? Consider joining us as a teaching assistant (TA) this summer!
TA applications are now open for the 2022 program.
- Manage programming
- Mentor a team of students
- Develop your leadership skills in a healthcare environment
- Network within the Buffalo-Niagara medical community
Summer research experience programs in cancer science
Are you a college student, health professional student, or high school junior with a specific interest in oncology research? If cancer research or a PhD degree is your career goal, begin your journey this summer by participating in Roswell Park’s Summer Research Program.