Are you a high school student interested in learning more about high-tech opportunities in healthcare? Our Buffalo Healthcare Exploration is a three-week program just for you! We offer the chance to learn and innovate in a fast-paced medical environment, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, learning from experts in their fields.
Applications for the 2021 program will be open from 11/16/20 through 2/26/21.
- Shadow a professional at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Test your skills on the da Vinci Surgical System (dVSS®)
- Work with a team to innovate a solution or opportunity in healthcare-related issues
- Explore healthcare by following a fictional patient treatment
- Develop core competencies relevant to succeed in any career you choose
- Prepare for college and learn what to expect on a college campus
- Tour the medical campus and visit a local medical company
We always have a Ride for Roswell team comprised of BHE students and alumni who will either participate in the Ride, volunteer during the event or fundraise virtually.
Ride for Roswell: August 7, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I eligible for this program?
All current high school students are eligible to apply for our BHE program.
When do I apply?
Applications for summer 2021 open November 16, 2020.
What is the cost of the program?
The program costs $450. Scholarships are available and more information is shared in the application.
When will I know if I have been accepted?
Students will receive an email by March 19 regarding their standing.
How many students will be in the program?
Approximately 50 students will be accepted.
Where can I get more information or updates on the program?
We keep our Facebook page updated on projects and admission deadlines.
If you have any questions about the new program, please do not hesitate to contact our team at AtlasTeam@RoswellPark.org.
BHE Teaching Assistant
Are you a college student with an interest in healthcare and leadership? Consider joining us as a teaching assistant (TA) this summer! This position is open to the public, though previous participants in the Junior Robotic Surgery Challenge are encouraged to apply.
TA applications will open November 16, 2020 and will close on March 12, 2021.
- Manage programming
- Mentor a team of students
- Experience research in the ATLAS lab
- Network within the Buffalo-Niagara medical community
Summer Research Experience Programs in Cancer Science
Are you a college student, health professional student, or high school junior with a specific interest in oncology research? If cancer research or a PhD degree is your career goal, begin your journey this summer by participating in Roswell Park’s Summer Research Program.