Survivorship & Supportive Care Center
Our new Survivorship & Supportive Care Center brings together many of Roswell Park’s clinical and supportive services, specifically designed for people like you, as you face forward and learn to embrace a new normal.
- Detect and manage any complications or side effects from your disease or its treatment.
- Restore your body and soul with rehabilitative therapy, nutrition counseling and emotional support and guidance.
- Create a plan that will be your roadmap to your healthiest lifestyle possible.
Surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, transplant and other cancer treatments are harsh on the body and many cancer survivors face a higher risk for medical and psychosocial effects, such as:
- Anxiety, distress and depression
- Cardiovascular complications
- Chronic pain or neurological symptoms
- Fatigue, sleep disorders and insomnia
- Financial problems
- Issues with sexual function
- Secondary cancers
- Stress of your caregivers
As a cancer survivor, you are at a higher risk for other types of cancer and health issues. During your appointment, we’ll help arrange the preventative and diagnostic tests that you may need to maintain your health.
- Bone density scan
- Full body skin check
- Heart and lung function tests
- Pap test
How We Can Help
Our team will develop a long-term personalized care plan according to your specific diagnosis and treatment history.
Medical and Preventive Care
Including an annual clinic visit, timely cancer screenings and surveillance scans, vaccinations, nutrition counseling and management of symptoms such as fatigue, sleep issues and difficulty with intimacy and/or fertility.
Social Support and Guidance
Including pastoral care, support groups and one-on-one counseling to address post-treatment adjustment, anxiety and stress.
To help you find relief from new or ongoing symptoms.
Legal and Financial Assistance
To help you sort through issues with returning to work, collecting disability benefits, securing health and/or life insurance and completing an advance directive, living will and health care proxy.
Referrals to Smoking Cessation
To help you kick the habit through classes, counseling or nicotine replacement personalized to your needs.
Including physical, occupational and speech therapy, and lymphedema prevention and treatment.
The Survivorship & Supportive Care Center is located on the 3rd Floor of the new Scott Bieler Clinical Sciences building, across the street from Roswell Park’s parking garage.