Offering head-to-toe solutions to restore physical appearance and function in any part of the body.
Cancer and its treatment may leave you with scars or deficits that affect your physical, emotional, functional, and social health and well-being. Our Plastic & Reconstructive surgeons use advanced microsurgery techniques to repair and restore tissue and structures, transfer skin, fat, muscle, and other tissue, and reestablish blood flow and nerve function to repaired areas.
We aim to fix what cancer took away. We provide highly specialized procedures to promote your healing, restore your function and appearance, improve scar deformities, eliminate the need for prostheses and improve your quality of life.
Roswell Park’s Plastic & Reconstructive surgeons can help you no matter where you had your cancer surgery — or when. Contact us today for a consultation.
Why Roswell Park for plastic & reconstructive surgery?
- Highly trained, board-certified surgical team uniquely qualified to offer the latest options for any reconstruction need related to cancer, mastectomy, or the effects of radiation.
- We offer up-to-date procedures that may be unavailable from other providers, such as facial reanimation surgery, pre-mastectomy breast reduction to preserve the nipple and areola, same day post-Mohs reconstruction, and a jaw-in-a-day procedure in which tumor removal, jaw reconstruction and dental implants are accomplished in one surgery.
- Reconstruction is planned and coordinated with your cancer care team for optimal cancer control, healing and timing and sequence of procedures.
- Lymph vessel procedures to provide treatment for lymphedema.
- Dental & Maxillofacial specialists to coordinate repair and restoration of teeth and jaw
- State-of-the-art prostheses to replace facial structures, such as a nose, ear, palate or eye.
- Comprehensive support services including physical, occupational and speech therapy, pain management, nutrition counseling, tobacco cessation, mental health services, music and art therapy, and more.
Whether you seek immediate breast reconstruction or are considering it years after your cancer treatment, our surgeons’ unique experience with cancer patients and the effect of treatment is key to achieving your desired results.Learn More
Head & Neck
We restore your ability to eat, breathe, speak and face the world by rebuilding the skull, jaw, mouth, teeth, airway, skin, and facial and other structures.Learn More
Our advanced microsurgery and grafting procedures repair the skin, reduce scarring, aid wound healing and improve the skin’s appearance.Learn More
Sarcoma and cancers in an extremity
We coordinate with our sarcoma and other cancer surgeons for the optimal approach to preserve and restore limbs, reconstruct the chest wall, perform delicate hand surgery and reestablish nerve function to affected areas.Learn More