Pancreatic cancer is called a silent killer because it often grows or spreads undetected. But if caught early, pancreatic cancer is treatable and potentially curable. And like many cancers, it presents few warning signs. If you have a family history of pancreatic cancer, you may be eligible for our pancreatic cancer screening program.
This program may be right for you if you have:
- Two or more first degree relatives (mother, father, sister, brother, child) who were diagnosed with pancreatic cancer
- Three or more blood relatives, with at least two affected first degree relatives (mother, father, sister, brother, child), who were diagnosed with pancreatic cancer
- A diagnosis of Peutz-Jeghers syndrome (associated with mutations in the STK11 gene)
- Genetic Testing shows a genetic mutation of BRCA2 and at least a first degree relative or two family members diagnosed with pancreatic cancer
- Genetic testing shows a mutation of P16, PALB2, Lynch Syndrome in at least one first degree relative