What do you do when you have tests results that suggest there could be a cancer, but no diagnosis? We understand how confusing that can be, and we’re here to help.
Cancer is complex and the diagnosis of the disease – or ruling it out definitively – requires specific expertise from experts who focus on cancer every day. Whether it’s cancer or not, you need to know right away.
Who should come to the undiagnosed clinic?
Many times, patients have abnormal findings on laboratory tests or imaging. Your physician or emergency room provider may have referred you to the undiagnosed clinic because you have one of the following:
- Enlarged lymph nodes
- Ovarian mass
- Lung nodules
- Bone lesions
- Elevated tumor marker(s)
- Imaging such as x-ray, CT, ultrasound or MRI, that suggests a possible cancer
Why come to the undiagnosed clinic?
For a fast, accurate answer. Trying to figure out the cause of your test result can lead you down a frustrating path of additional testing, imaging and even invasive procedures.
Roswell Park offers a streamlined and holistic approach to determine when it really is cancer – and when it’s not. At the undiagnosed clinic, our experts will:
- Examine the information that led to your appointment here
- Review your comprehensive medical history
- Identify all relevant imaging you have had (even from years ago) to compare with today’s imaging
- Determine additional testing or blood work that’s needed now
- Consult with Roswell Park colleagues with expertise in radiology, interventional radiology, endoscopy and/or pathology
- Identify whether a biopsy is necessary and if so, arrange for it promptly
- Connect you with appropriate specialists to plan treatment if needed
Roswell Park does not provide cancer treatment without a definitive diagnosis.