A place where patients and their families can find information, support, comfort and connection throughout their cancer journeys.
11 ways we can help
- A warm welcome and personalized introduction to Roswell Park and all the services available to patients and their loved ones.
- Patient education from Roswell Park experts and trusted national cancer organizations.
- Connection to Roswell Park's many support services.
- Educational classes, including chemotherapy/infusion and radiation orientations, as well as our Meet the Expert series.
- Lending library of cancer-specific and integrative care books for adults and children, plus Playaway® audiobooks. We also offer DVD players, DVDs, laptops, iPads, and phone chargers.
- Comfort items, such as hand-knit blankets, seasonal hats and port pillows.
- Information about wellness activities taking place on campus and in the community.
- Support, guidance and a listening ear from diagnosis through survivorship in our private consultation rooms.
- Resource Center self-care information and sessions to manage treatment side effects. Sessions include oncology massage, meditation and breathwork, as well as eyebrow and skin care classes, and more.
- A private space to ask your most personal questions relating to your care.
- Elevate Salon and our complimentary Wig and Head Covering Program for those experiencing hair loss due to their cancer diagnosis.
Come visit us!
The 11 Day Power Play Cancer Resource Center is located on the first floor of the main hospital by the tower elevators, near the Sunflower Café, and is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. Call us at 716-845-8659 (Option 1) or email ResourceCenter@RoswellPark.org.Resource Center events
Highlights of our programs
Especially for new patients and their caregivers, the Patient and Family Tour will help you learn to navigate around Roswell Park, as well as introduce you to the array of facilities, programs and support that we offer. This walking tour is led by specially trained volunteers and is conducted twice a month on the first Tuesday and third Friday of each month, beginning September 5. Tours begin at 2 p.m. and start in the ground floor lobby of the main hospital. To sign up, click here.
If you would like to schedule an individual tour, or you need any accommodations, please contact The 11 Day Power Play Cancer Resource Center at ResourceCenter@RoswellPark.org or by phone at 716-845-8659, Option 1, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Learn about our complimentary Wig and Head Covering program that includes consultation and fittings with our professional staff and volunteers as well as an opportunity to browse our catalog of options.
In our new Elevate Salon, New York State-licensed stylists offer pretreatment haircuts, wig styling, trim or shaping, head shaves, and hair donation haircuts (patients only). Stylist appointments are available every weekday. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call us at 716-845-8659.
Enhance your appearance and boost your self-esteem while you’re undergoing cancer treatment. Workshops demonstrate beauty techniques — skin care, makeup, and nail care, as well as how to use wigs, scarves, hats, hairpieces and other accessories — to help you face your diagnosis with greater confidence.
Learn what to expect and get connected with information, tools and resources to ease the burden of treatment and side effects. We offer these one-on-one orientations to all our patients undergoing chemotherapy or other infusion treatments, and their families and caregivers.
Newly diagnosed patients often wish they had someone to talk to who has been in their shoes. Our Cancer Coach program matches patients with a coach based on their diagnosis, cancer stage, gender and/or age. Cancer Coaches are trained and dedicated volunteers who provide comfort, support and practical information (they do not provide medical advice).
Patients and their caregivers are invited to experience relaxation and comfort during a 10-minute chair massage with a trained oncology massage therapist. Click here to find dates and times this service is offered! Additional complimentary programming in the Resource Center includes Reiki, Breathwork and Relaxation, our Beautiful Brows Class and Ask the Esthetician sessions.
*Roswell Park is unable to accept new or gently used wigs, hats, head coverings, medical supplies or medical equipment.