We at Roswell Park know that you may need advice or care outside of the regular working day.
Our Assessment and Treatment Center (ATC) is a patient care service that supports our patients when they are sick with urgent, but not life-threatening symptoms. It is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and year-round, thanks to generous donations to the Roswell Park Alliance Foundation.
Please note: The ATC is not an emergency room and does not accept walk-ins. To be seen in the ATC, you must be referred by your Roswell Park physician or the physician-on-call.
If you are experiencing not life-threatening symptoms, call your Roswell Park clinic. If your clinic is closed, call Roswell Park at 716-845-2300 to be evaluated by a triage nurse. In the case of a life-threatening emergency, dial 911.
Our triage nurses are available 24 hours a day and can help you obtain a referral to the ATC, if appropriate. For more complicated situations, the nurses will contact your physician who will determine whether you should stay home, come to our Assessment and Treatment Center or go to the nearest emergency department. Our triage nurses are part of our team of cancer information specialists who make up our Central Access Center (CAC).
Who do I call if I have a medical issue or question?
- Call your Roswell Park Ambulatory Center with any questions about your cancer treatments, side effects, appointments, or prescription refills.
- Call your Primary Care Physician for any medical questions not connected to your cancer.
What do I do if I have urgent or life-threatening symptoms?
- Urgent (but not life-threatening): Call your Roswell Park Ambulatory Center. Your call will be answered by Roswell Park’s nurse triage line or our Central Access Call Center. If it is determined you need to be seen, your doctor may refer you to Roswell Park’s Assessment and Treatment Center (ATC).
- Emergency: Call 911 or go to your nearest hospital emergency department. Let the ER staff know the last time you were treated at Roswell Park.
Should I call Roswell if I go to the ER?
Yes. It is very important that you let us know when you arrive at any Emergency Department or are admitted to another hospital. You can call your Roswell Park Ambulatory Center or dial 716-845-2300 to call Roswell Park’s main number.
When you need to cancel an appointment
- If you are unable to make an appointment, please let us know so we can help you reschedule right away. Here are some numbers you can call depending on your appointment:
- If you need to cancel an appointment with your doctor or nurse or for a procedure/surgery, call your ambulatory center.
- If you need to cancel a chemotherapy or infusion appointment, please call 716-845-8954.
- If you need to cancel a radiation medicine appointment, please call 716-845-3173.
- If you need to cancel an appointment at our Amherst location, please call 716-845-2900.
- If you need to cancel an appointment at our Niagara Falls location, please call 716-845-3500.
- If you need to cancel a diagnostic test in our Diagnostic Radiology Center, please call 716-845-3175.