Are you a provider looking to refer your patient to Roswell Park? Learn more here.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center is proud to offer specialized cancer care to patients outside of the United States through our International Medical Concierge Program. If you or a loved one is looking for treatment options or a second opinion on your diagnosis, Roswell Park will work with you from initial consultation, medical visa applications, fees and treatment.
The first step in receiving treatment at Roswell Park may be starting with a coordinated consultation via telemedicine with an oncologist who specializes in your diagnosis, to discuss clinical information and determine possible treatment options that a patient may be eligible for prior to any travel plans being made.
Referral specialists with our Concierge Office can arrange your initial appointment with a cancer specialist who is best suited to discuss your care. They will be able to address any questions about what is required of a person seeking care at Roswell Park, what type of information would need to be provided to our physicians in advance of the visit, and any other questions you may have about the referral process.
Services and accommodations
Our dedicated coordinators aim to make this part of the cancer journey easy and will work with you every step of the way. We can help:
- Second opinions. We can review your diagnosis or treatment plan — alongside your current oncologist — with a medical record review and/or pathology review.
- Consultations. Our experts will meet with you and your current oncologist via telemedicine to offer guidance, options and next steps.
- Coordinated medical care. If your choose to travel to Roswell Park for surgery, cellular therapies or other options, our medical concierge team will coordinate all care with the appropriate experts, and act as your point of contact.
- Travel visas. Our team will prepare the appropriate letters needed to obtain medical visas for entry into the United States.
- Interpreter services. We will arrange for language interpreters for phone calls, telemedicine, in-person visits and procedures where necessary.
- Logistics. We can assist with lodging arrangements, transportation and other concerns.
Depending on your medical treatment coverage through insurance or government programs, you may be responsible for a portion or all of your expenses incurred at Roswell Park. A deposit may also be required prior to beginning treatment. A financial counselor is available to assist international patients and explain any billing procedures or questions you may have. After speaking with your physician, we can even prepare a cost estimate for your proposed treatment.
After you have obtained details about the financial aspects of coming to Roswell Park, referral specialists with our International Patient Program can arrange your initial appointment with a cancer specialist best suited to discuss your care. They will be able to address any questions about what is required of a person seeking care at Roswell Park, what type of information would need to be provided to our physicians in advance of the visit, and any other specific questions you may have about the referral process.