International Patients

Canadian Patients

Learn more information about receiving care at Roswell Park.

Citizens of other countries who are planning to travel to the United States for cancer treatment generally must first obtain a nonimmigrant visa for medical treatment from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in their home country. Visa applicants must demonstrate that the purpose of their trip is to enter the United States for medical treatment; that they plan to remain for a specific, limited period; and that they have a residence outside the United States and intend to return to their home country.

If you live outside the United States and would like to receive a consultation, second opinion, or obtain cancer treatment at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, our financial counselors and referral specialists can provide assistance. Some of the following links may help with your planning process.

Become A Patient Directions to Roswell Park

Depending on your medical treatment coverage through insurance or government programs, you may be responsible for a portion or all of your expenses incurred at Roswell Park. A deposit may also be required prior to beginning treatment. A financial counselor is available to assist international patients and explain any billing procedures or questions you may have. After speaking with your physician, we can even prepare a cost estimate for your proposed treatment.

After you have obtained details about the financial aspects of coming to Roswell Park, referral specialists with our International Patient Program can arrange your initial appointment with a cancer specialist best suited to discuss your care. They will be able to address any questions about what is required of a person seeking care at Roswell Park, what type of information would need to be provided to our physicians in advance of the visit, and any other specific questions you may have about the referral process.