Roswell Park Cancer Institute recommends that women have mammograms annually beginning at age 40. The use of breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) may be used, in addition to mammograms, in women who are at a high risk of developing breast cancer. Women at high risk include those with a very strong family history of breast cancer, especially in young women in the family; those with a known gene mutation associated with breast or ovarian cancer and/or some other factors. Screening MRI is not appropriate nor of value for most women in the general population.
- Diagnostic Evaluation
- Breast Ultrasound
- Breast Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Mammography Second Opinions and Consultations
- Image Guided Biopsies
- Results given immediately
- Ermelinda Bonaccio, MD, Mammography
- Prasanna Kumar, MD, Body Imaging, Mammography
- Roger Smith, MD, Body Imaging, Mammography
- Sara Majewski, MD
Schedule Your Mammogram
The Roswell Park Breast Imaging Center is located in the Scott Bieler Clinical Sciences Center. Appointments for screening mammograms are available from 3–6:20 p.m., Monday through Friday.