Potential benefits include:
- Cancer care provided by top physicians in the field of cancer research.
- Access to new drugs and treatment methods before they are widely available.
- Close monitoring of your health care and any side effects.
- A more active role in your own health care.
- An opportunity to make a valuable contribution to cancer research
The potential risks include:
- New drugs and procedures may have side effects or risks unknown to the doctors.
- New drugs and procedures may be ineffective, or less effective, than current approaches.
- Even if a new approach has benefits, it may not work for you.