Special Interests:Clinical Trial Design ROC Analysis Classification Problems Decision Theory Statistical Education
About Kristopher Attwood
Dr. Attwood earned his PhD and MA in Biostatistics from the SUNY University at Buffalo (UB). He also earned a BS degree in Applied Mathematics from the University at Rhode Island, as well as a MS degree in Industrial & Systems Engineering from UB.
Dr. Attwood joined the Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center (Roswell Park) as a Senior Biostatistician in 2011. He was later presented with an Assistant Professor of Biostatistics in 2012 at Roswell Park. In this capacity he has designed, reviewed and analyzed clinical, pre-clinical and translational studies for a variety of disease settings and outcomes. He is a current member of the Scientific Review and Early Phase Clinical Trial Committees. In addition, Dr. Attwood has been teaching undergraduate and graduate level applied statistics courses at Daemen College since 2008 and UB since 2019.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Associate Professor of Oncology
- Co-Director, Biostatistics and Statistical Genomics Shared Resource
- Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
State University of New York at Buffalo
- Research Assistant Professor
Education and Training:
- PhD - State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- MA - State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- MS - State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- BS - University of Rhode Island, Kingston RI
Dr. Attwood's collaborative research is supported by several NIH and DOD grants examining novel treatment options, biomarker development, and racial disparities in disease aggression, access to care and outcomes.
He is also developing statistical methodologies for biomarker development (multi-state and time-dependent classification) and early Phase study design for oncology trials.
- Attwood K and Tian L. Confidence Interval Estimation of the Youden index and corresponding cut-point for a combination of biomarkers under normality. Communications in Statistics – Theory and Methods. 2020. DOI: 10.1080/03610926.2020.1751852.
- Elsayed AS, Jing Z, Demirbas D, Durrani M, Attwood K, Cilento J, Osei J, Gison S, Mostowy M, Christophe A, Hussein and Guru K. Development and Cross-Validation of a Nomogram for Chronic Kidney Disease Following Robot-Assisted Radical Cystectomy. Journal of Endourology 2020. DOI: 10.1089/end.2020.0451.
- Gunn J, Lemini R, Partain K, Yeager T, Almerey T, Attwood K, McLaughlin S, Bagaria SP and Gabriel E. Trends in utilization of sentinel node biopsy and adjuvant radiation in women ≥ 70. The Breast Journal 2020; doi: 10.1111/tbj.13750.
- Iyer RV, Konda B, Fountzilas C, Mukherjee S, Owen D, Attwood K, Wang C, Suffren SA, Hicks K, Wilton J, Bies R, Casucci D, Reidy-Lagunes and Shah M. Multicenter phase 2 trial nintedanib in advanced nonpancreatic neuroendocrine tumors. Cancer 2020. DOI: 10.1002/cncr.32994.
- Hanif A, Lee S, Gupta M, Chander A, Kannisto ED, Punnanitinont A, Fendermaker R, Ciesielski M, Attwood K, Qiu J, Yendamuri S and Iyer R. Exploring the role of survivin in neuroendocrine neoplasms. Oncotarget 2020; 11(23): 2246-2258.
- Nunez Bragayrac LA, Hussein AA, Attwood K, Pop E, James G, Osei J, Murekeysoni C and Kauffman E. Feasibility and continence outcomes of extended prostatic urethral preservation during robot-assisted radical prostatectomy. Prostate Cancer and Prostatic Diseases 2020; 23: 286-294.
- Torka P, Kothari SK, Sundaram S, Li S, Medeiros JL, Ayers EC, Landsburg DJ, Bond DA, Maddocks KJ, Giri A, Hess B, Pham LQ, Advani R, Liu Y, Klaus Barta S, Vose JM, Churnetski MC, Cohen JB, Burkart M, Karmali R, Zurko J, Mehta A, Olszewski AJ, Lee S, Hill BT, Burns TF, Lansigan F, Rabinovich E, Peace D, Groman A, Attwood K and Hernandez-Ilizaliturri FJ. Outcomes of patients with limited-stage aggressive large B-cell lymphoma with high-risk cytogenetics. Blood Advances 2020; 4 (2): 253–262.
- Hermann GM, Iovoli AJ, Platek AJ, Wang C, Miller A, Attwood K, Bourgeois DJ and Singh AK. A single-institution, randomized, pilot study evaluating the efficacy of gabapentin and methadone for patients undergoing chemoradiation for head and neck squamous cell cancer. Cancer 2020; 126(7): 1480-1491.
- Malhotra U, Mukherjee S, Fountzilas C, Boland P, Miller A, Patnaik S, Attwood K, Yendamuri S, Adjei A, Kannisto E, Opyrchal M, Bushunow P, Loud P, Iyer R and Khushalani N. Pralatrexate in combination with oxaliplatin in advanced esophago-gastric cancer: a phase II trial with predictive molecular correlates. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics 2020; 19(1): 304-311.
- Fiandalo M, Sviripa V, Stocking J, Holbert D, Wilton J, Mantione K, Attwood K, Minderman H, Wu Y, Watt D and Mohler J. Fluorescent-Dihydrotestosterone Based Inhibitor Impaired Prostate Cell Line Growth and Androgen Receptor Signaling. Journal of Urology 2019; 201(4s): e83.
- Attwood K and Tian L. A balanced cut-point selection method for two diagnostic groups. 2018. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.11545.88167
- Shariftabrizi A, Kothari S, Attwood K, George S, Levine E and Lamonica D. Prediction of Outcome to 223-Ra treatment of castration-resistant prostate cancer using disease burden on quantitative bone scan. The Journal of Nuclear Medicine 2018; 59(s1): 1491.
- Iyer R, Konda B, Owen D, Attwood K, Sarker S, Suffren SA, Reidy D and Shah M. Multicenter Phase 2 Study of Nintedanib in Patients with Advanced Progressing Carcinoid Tumors. Pancreas 2018; 47(3): 342.