Specializing In:Clinical Pathology Transfusion Medicine
Research Interests:Utilization of laboratory tests and blood products Development of new applications for laboratory tests Translation of manufacturing methods of process control to blood banking and laboratory medicine
About Joanne Becker
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Associate Professor
- Vice Chair, Division of Laboratory Medicine, Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
- Medical Director, Blood Bank and Therapeutic Apheresis Unit
Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Clinical Associate Professor of Pathology & Anatomical Sciences
Education and Training:
- MD - Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, Rootstown, OH
- State University of New York at Stony Brook (Anatomic and Clinical Pathology) Stony Brook, NY
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine) Philadelphia, PA
- Anatomic Pathology, American Board of Pathology
- Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine, American Board of Pathology
- Clinical Pathology, American Board of Pathology
- Ganzel C, Becker J, Mintz PD, Lazarus HM, Rowe JM. Hyperleukocytosis, leukostasis and leukapheresis: practice management. Blood Rev. 2012 May;26(3):117-22. doi: 10.1016/j.blre.2012.01.003. Epub 2012 Feb 23. PMID: 22364832.
- Bharthuar A, Egloff L, Becker J, George M, Lohr JW, Deeb G, Iyer RV. Rituximab-based therapy for gemcitabine-induced hemolytic uremic syndrome in a patient with metastatic pancreatic adenocarcinoma: a case report. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2009 Jun;64(1):177-81. doi: 10.1007/s00280-008-0900-x. Epub 2008 Dec 31. PMID: 19116715.
- Battiwalla M, McCarthy PL, Becker J, Smith P, Elefante A, Abdelhalim A, McCarthy A, Almyroudis NG, Paplham P, Segal BH. Leflunomide failure to control recurrent cytomegalovirus infection in the setting of renal failure after allogeneic stem cell transplantation. Transpl Infect Dis. 2007 Mar;9(1):28-32. doi: 10.1111/j.1399-3062.2006.00170.x. PMID: 17313468.