About Austin Iovoli
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Radiation Medicine Resident Physician
- Department of Radiation Medicine
Education and Training:
- 2015-2019 - MD - Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- 2020-2024 - Radiation Oncology, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, Buffalo, NY
- 2019-2020 - Internal Medicine Preliminary Year, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- American Society for Radiation Oncology
- Radiological Society of North America
Honors & Awards:
- 2019 - Robin M. Bannerman Memorial Research Award, Jacobs School of Medicine
- 2019 - Summa Cum Laude, Jacobs School of Medicine
- 2018 - Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, Jacobs School of Medicine
- 2018 - Gold Humanism Honor Society, Jacobs School of Medicine
- 2017 - Medical Student Research Forum First Place Poster, Jacobs School of Medicine
Iovoli, A.J., G.M. Hermann, S.J. Ma, A.J. Platek, M.K. Farrugia, E. Yau, K.E. Wooten, H. Arshad, V. Gupta, M.A. Kuriakose, W.L. Hicks Jr, M.E. Platek, and A.K. Singh. "Association of Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drug Use With Survival in Patients With Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Head and Neck Treated With Chemoradiation Therapy." JAMA Network Open 3.6 (2020): e207199-e207199.
Han, H.R., G.M Hermann, S.J. Ma, A.J. Iovoli, K.E. Wooten, H. Arshad, V. Gupta, R.P. McSpadden, M.A. Kuriakose, M.R. Markiewicz, J.M. Chan, M.E. Platek, A.D. Ray, F. Gu, W.L. Hicks Jr, E.A. Repasky, and A.K. Singh "Matched pair analysis to evaluate the impact of hospitalization during radiation therapy as an early marker of survival in head and neck cancer patients." Oral Oncology 109 (2020): 104854. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oraloncology.2020.104854.
Iovoli, A.J., A. Ostrowski, C. Rivers, G. Hermann, A. Groman, A. Miller, and A.K. Singh. "Two Versus Four Times-Weekly ALTENS for Treatment of Radiation-Induced Xerostomia: A Pilot Study." The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine (2020). https://doi.org/10.1089/acm.2019.0131.
Iovoli, A.J., A. Platek, L. DeGraaff, C. Wang, W. Duncan, K. Wooten, A. Hassan, V. Gupta, M. Kuriakose, W. Hicks, M. Platek, and A.K. Singh. "Routine Surveillance Scanning in Patients With Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Head and Neck: Lung Screening CT Scans Have Value but Head and Neck Scans Do Not." Oral Oncology 86 (2018): 273-277. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oraloncology.2018.10.008.
Iovoli, A.J., and A.K. Singh. "Acupuncture-like transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation therapy success using a commercially available unit 8 years post-radiation for xerostomia: a case report." Journal of Radiotherapy in Practice 16.2 (2017): 217-220. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1460396917000024.