CAR T-Cell Therapy
It’s here! Roswell Park now offers the FDA-approved CAR T-cell therapies Yescarta™, Kymriah™ and Tecartus™ — breakthrough treatments that power up your own immune system to fight cancer.
Request an appointment online or call 1-800-ROSWELL (1-800-767-9355).
CAR T spells HOPE for many patients who have run out of options.
Roswell Park researchers are evaluating newer types of T-cell therapy to target various types of cancers. Search for current clinical trials involving CAR T-cell therapy and other immunotherapies.Search Now
Kymriah™ is for:
- Patients 25 and younger who have been diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) that has either relapsed (gone into remission and then returned) or is refractory (has not gone into remission despite treatment).
- Adults with large B-cell lymphoma that has either relapsed (gone into remission and then returned) or is refractory (has not gone into remission despite treatment).
Tecartus is the latest FDA-approved immunotherapy for adults who have been diagnosed with mantle cell lymphoma — a rare type of B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma — that has either relapsed (gone into remission and then returned) or is refractory (has not gone into remission despite treatment).Learn More
Why Roswell Park?
- Experts from several fields work together as a team, meeting weekly to monitor the progress of every single patient who is receiving immunotherapy, to ensure the highest level of care. Team members represent the Center for Immunotherapy, Pathology, Leukemia, Lymphoma, Myeloma, the Transplant and Cellular Therapy (TCT) Center, and other areas critical to diagnosis and treatment.
- While most patients who receive immunotherapy do not experience adverse side effects, in some cases serious side effects can occur. Members of our immunotherapy team are experts who help set the national guidelines for controlling these side effects.
- We've been caring for cancer patients for more than 100 years, and in that time we’ve created a strong support system to handle both the routine and unexpected needs that can arise.
- We are accredited by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) for both adoptive cellular therapy and bone marrow transplant (BMT).
In addition to Yescarta and Kymriah, Roswell Park offers other promising new methods of adoptive T-cell transfer that were developed right here, including T-cell receptor (TCR) therapy and the world’s first two-gene combination. And that’s just the beginning. Learn about the full range of immunotherapies available at Roswell Park and the types of cancer they treat.World's First Our Immunotherapies
How Does Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T-Cell Therapy Work?
Your body contains T cells, or T lymphocytes — special white blood cells that have the power to kill cancer cells. These cells are removed from your blood and shipped to a laboratory, where a gene is inserted to help them hunt down your cancer cells and launch an attack. These stronger, “re-engineered” cells are multiplied to create an army of millions, and then they’re returned to you in an infusion.