The Roswell Difference: Cancer is Our Only Focus
Roswell Park provides care for the whole person. While our surgical, medical and radiation oncologists treat the disease, our patients can also rely on a team of psychologists, social workers, dietitians and other professionals, who work together to provide a full spectrum of integrated care — all under one roof.
We know every patient is unique. That’s why we deliver the highest-quality care, with a treatment plan tailored specifically for you.
The American Cancer Society's estimates for breast cancer in the United States for 2019 are:
- About 268,600 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in women.
- About 62,930 new cases of carcinoma in situ (CIS) will be diagnosed (CIS is non-invasive and is the earliest form of breast cancer).
- About 41,760 women will die from breast cancer.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in women (only lung cancer kills more women each year). The chance that a woman will die from breast cancer is about 1 in 38 (about 2.6%).
- The average risk of a woman in the United States developing breast cancer sometime in her life is about 12%.