Our World Class Center
We are among a select group of comprehensive cancer centers in the nation designated by the National Cancer Institute, the only one in the state outside of New York City.
- Roswell Park is named a Best Hospital by U.S. News & World Report.
- Roswell Park’s Breast Oncology Center is accredited with NAPBC certification by the American College of Surgeons.
- Our physicians are national leaders in breast oncology and hold leadership roles in the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) American Joint Commission on Cancer (AJCC), American Society of Clinical Oncology and national and international clinical research organizations.
- Data shows that we have breast cancer survival rates higher than national outcomes as reported by the Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results (SEER) Program.
Our Quality, Comprehensive Care
We provide multidisciplinary cancer care that integrates the expertise from several specialists, including surgical, medical and radiation oncologists, plastic surgeons, pathologists and others who focus exclusively on patients with breast cancer. Our comprehensive care includes:
- Surgeons with high-volume experience in breast conserving procedures, such as single-incision lumpectomy and oncoplastic techniques that minimize cosmetic defects.
- Latest radiotherapy techniques such as accelerated partial breast irradiation and prone positioning to reduce cardiac radiation dose.
- On-site plastic and reconstructive surgery team for consultation and treatment planning for immediate or delayed breast reconstruction.
- High-risk program to provide risk assessment, genetic counseling and testing, specialized imaging, surveillance and preventive options to women who face high risk for breast cancer.
Our Cutting-Edge Therapies
We offer treatments at the forefront of cancer care, plus clinicians with the knowledge and experience to use them. Our patients with breast cancer may opt for a treatment plan that includes:
- Advanced genomic testing with OmniSeq Comprehensive (developed at Roswell Park) to guide precision medical treatment based on your tumor’s genetic profile.
- Earliest access to new treatment advances through our robust clinical trials program.
- Newest immunotherapy approaches for metastatic breast cancer treatment.
Our Comprehensive Support
We offer a broad range of support services to care for you, not just your cancer, including nutrition services, physical therapy, tobacco cessation, acupuncture, spiritual care, counseling, music, art and pet therapy, and more.
- Lymphedema clinic to manage this condition with a combination of massage, compression sleeves and complete decongestive therapy.
- Medical psychologist dedicated specifically to patients with breast cancer.
- Women’s Sexual Health Clinic led by gynecologic oncologist, Melissa Moffitt, MD, to address cancer and treatment side effects that impact ability to interact intimately.