The paranasal sinuses are small, hollow spaces in the bones of the head surrounding the nose. The nasal cavity is the hollow space inside the nose.
What Causes Sinus/Nasal Cancer?
The most common causes of these cancers are smoking and workplace exposure to such substances as asbestos, wood dust, paint fumes and metal dust.
What Are the Symptoms of Sinus/Nasal Cancers?
- Blocked nasal passages (not due to a cold) that don’t clear up
- Unexplained bleeding from the nose
- Chronic sinus infections that do not clear up with antibiotics
- A lump in the neck
- Numbness in the cheek or face
- Swelling of the eyes
- Double vision
- Frequent headaches
- Pain in the upper teeth
- Problems with the way dentures fit