Our world-class team
Our accomplished physicians are leaders in the field and hold leadership roles in the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN). Roswell Park oncologists not only follow the evidence based NCCN treatment guidelines used by physicians around the world; they write them.
- Moni Abraham Kuriakose, MD, FDSRCS, FFDRCS, FRCS Ed, FRCS, BDS, is a world-renowned head and neck surgeon specializing in skull base tumors.
- Our multidisciplinary team includes head & neck surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists, plastic & reconstructive surgeons, speech pathologists, prosthodontist, dentists, and more as part of our cancer care pathway for every patient.
Our cutting-edge cancer treatments
We offer treatments at the forefront of cancer care, plus clinicians with the knowledge and experience to use them.
- One-Day Jaw Reconstruction, a revolutionary procedure that removes tumors of the jaw and full rehabilitates the patient with a new, reconstructed jaw, dental implants and teeth — all in one surgery.
- Advanced surgical approaches including transoral robotic surgery (TORS), transoral laser microsurgery, endoscopic skull base surgery, open skull base surgery and free tissue transfer (free flap surgery)
- Photodynamic therapy(PDT), a nontoxic treatment developed here at Roswell Park and now in use around the world.
- Clinical trials to access the latest approaches, which may not be available elsewhere.
Our commitment to quality, comprehensive care
Our comprehensive care includes:
- Plastic & reconstructive surgery to restore function and appearance.
- Dental care and maxillofacial prosthetics to address dental and oral health needs before, during and after cancer treatment.
- Support services to manage any physical, mental, emotional or spiritual side effects related to your cancer or its treatment.