The ATLAS Statistics Internship is a unique way to obtain hands-on experience by working on new or ongoing projects. Our program consists of scientists, engineers, data managers, medical providers, artists and marketing professionals from all walks of life, working together in a multi-disciplinary team to create a vibrant work environment.
Apply for the ATLAS Statistics InternshipApply now
As an intern, you are joining ATLAS as our peer. That means your role will be filled with certain responsibilities, including taking on a complete project in full, based on the needs of your college program and your area of interest. Additionally, you will be expected to discuss your thoughts in debate, develop and express your opinions based on your work, all while helping our program expand and working toward results.
- At least three (3) years completed in an undergraduate program in statistics, a Bachelor’s degree in statistics preferred (rising senior)
- Familiarity with SAS and/or R software required
- Strong Microsoft Office skills an absolute necessity
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Available 10 hours/week during spring and fall semesters within normal business hours (Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-6 p.m.)
- Available 10-20 hours/week during summer within normal business hours (Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-6 p.m.)
- New interns must work from Roswell Park’s campus
- Masters Students: We are open to the possibility of having a thesis project completed at ATLAS. Please keep in mind that the project must be centered on an ATLAS project and is not guaranteed until thoroughly discussed and agreed upon with the ATLAS Director.
Necessary for application
- One reference (academic or professional)
- Current CV or resume
The candidate should possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Strong analytical and programming abilities
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and follow-through
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter, proactive and resourceful
Areas of concentration may include but are not limited to the following:
- Computer Science