The graphic design internship at ATLAS provides a unique opportunity to use design skills in a healthcare setting. As an intern, you will join our diverse team of research scientists, physicians, surgeons, biostatisticians, engineers, data managers and medical illustrators, using your skills to help communicate medical and scientific research.
Apply for the ATLAS Graphic Design InternshipApply Now
The graphic design intern must be open to critique and feedback from the Art Director and other members of ATLAS Studios. You may be asked to design print and online materials for marketing and didactic purposes for the ATLAS Program, Urology Department or ATLAS Studios projects.
- Assist ATLAS with the design of patient education materials, as well as promotional and marketing materials, such as branding, web graphics, logos, surveys, flyers, banners, brochures, posters, invitations, graphs, charts, icons etc.
- Assist with other graphic design work as needed
- Graphic design major or enrolled in a related degree program
- At least 2 years in an undergraduate program (at least 1 year in a graduate program)
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Must have their own Adobe Creative Cloud account and access Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Available 10 hours/week during spring and fall semesters within normal business hours (Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-6 p.m.)
- Available 10-20 hours/week during summer within normal business hours (Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-6 p.m.)
- This internship is open to remote work
- Knowledge of animating software (Adobe After Effects, Premier Pro, Audition, Adobe Edge Animate) •
- Knowledge of data visualization software
- Knowledge of current design and media trends
Necessary for application
- Two (2) letters of recommendation or references (academic or professional)
- Cover Letter
- Current CV or resume
- Digital portfolio/website link