The ATLAS Engineering Internship is a unique way to obtain hands-on experience by working on new or ongoing projects and everyday tasks under the areas of biomedical, computer science, industrial engineering and related fields. Our team includes scientists, engineers, data managers, medical providers, artists and marketing professionals from all walks of life working as part of a multidisciplinary team to create a vibrant work environment.
Apply for the ATLAS Engineering InternshipApply Now
As an intern, you are joining ATLAS as our peer. That means your role will be filled with certain responsibilities, including taking on and completing a project in full, based on the needs of your college program and your area of interest. Additionally, you will be expected to defend your thoughts in debates, develop and express your opinions based on your work, all while helping our program expand and working toward results.
- At least two (2) years completed in an undergraduate program in engineering (rising junior)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Available 10 hours/week during spring and fall semesters within normal business hours (Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-6 p.m.)
- Available 10-20 hours/week during summer within normal business hours (Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-6 p.m.)
- New interns must work from Roswell Park’s campus
- Masters Students: We are open to the possibility of having a thesis project completed at ATLAS. Please keep in mind that the project must be centered on an ATLAS project and is not guaranteed until thoroughly discussed and agreed upon with the ATLAS Director.
Necessary for application
- One reference (academic or professional)
- Cover letter
- Current CV or resume
The candidate should possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to manage numerous projects, requests and responsibilities
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and follow-through
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter, proactive and resourceful
Areas of concentration may include but are not limited to the following:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Industrial Engineering