Our expert team
Our accomplished physicians are leaders in the field and hold roles in the Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Medicine, the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, NRG Oncology and the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN), among others. Roswell Park physicians not only follow the evidence-based NCCN treatment guidelines used by physicians around the world; they write them.
- Roswell Park’s Chief of Gynecology, Peter Frederick, MD, FACOG, sits on the NCCN panel that creates the guidelines for the treatment of uterine neoplasms, including endometrial cancer and uterine sarcoma.
- All gynecologists on our uterine cancer team are board-certified or board-eligible gynecologic oncologists who undergo additional years of subspecialty training in GYN-specific oncology.
Our cutting-edge therapies
We offer treatments at the forefront of cancer care, plus clinicians with the knowledge and experience to use them. Treatment for uterine cancer may include:
- High-volume surgical experience in laparoscopic, robot-assisted and complex gynecologic surgery, including radical debulking surgery that’s essential for regional chemotherapy. Complication rates are lowest in patients who receive their surgery from high-volume surgeons operating at high-volume hospitals.
- Personalized medicine based on advanced genomic testing and immune analysis of each tumor to determine which targeted therapies and immunotherapies would offer the best response for each patient. We use a variety of genomic testing approaches, including OmniSeq Comprehensive™ and Immune Report Card,™ two cutting-edge tests developed at Roswell Park.
- Enrolling in clinical trials to access the very latest drugs, immunotherapies and targeted agents — oftentimes years before they become available from other providers.
Comprehensive care for the whole person
Holistic and supportive care to surround you and your family from day one. Our programs include art and pet therapy, acupuncture, yoga, massage, meditation, Reiki, spiritual care, patient retreats, support groups and a resource center for education materials, hats, wigs and more. Plus:
- Onco-Fertility Program that provides information about how fertility and intimacy may be affected by uterine cancer treatment and options for fertility preservation.
- Sexual Health Clinic to address cancer and treatment side effects that impact the ability to interact intimately.
- Survivorship Program, specifically for patients who have completed active treatment, provides medical and supportive services to meet the unique needs of cancer survivors as they face forward and aim for a higher level of life-long wellness.
Easy access to care
- Conveniently-located satellite treatment centers and community practices in Amherst, Niagara Falls, Jamestown and Orchard Park, NY to provide patients across the region easier access to our specialists, treatments and clinical trials.