When you are diagnosed with cancer, there is a lot of information to absorb in a short period of time and it’s easy to get overwhelmed.
A very important and yet sometimes overlooked aspect of cancer treatment is the impact on fertility and sexuality. While this issue may not be easy to discuss, it is a necessary conversation. The Onco-Fertility Program at Roswell Park Cancer Institute has been established to provide information about the risks of infertility from cancer treatment and what options are available for fertility preservation. The Onco-Fertility Program is also dedicated to the sexual health of cancer patients and survivors and may help with intimacy concerns and sexual dysfunction.
Any patient of reproductive age can be referred to the Onco-Fertility and Sexuality Program.
Your consultation will consist of:
- Fertility Preservation
- Reviewing planned cancer treatment
- Identifying risks for infertility
- Reviewing costs and options for fertility preservation
- Communicating with primary oncology team
- If referred for fertility preservation, we will act as a liaison between Buffalo IVF Associates and your primary oncology team
Ask your healthcare team to help make an appointment with the Onco-Fertility Program. If you have questions, contact Dr. Lynda Kwon Beaupin at 716-845-4447.