I have been on the faculty at Roswell Park in the Department of Gynecologic Oncology since 2010. Originally from Buffalo, NY, I did my medical school and residency training in Obstetrics/Gynecology at the University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences. This was followed by three years of advanced fellowship training in gynecologic oncology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, focusing on all aspects of gynecologic cancer care, including advanced and minimally invasive surgical techniques, chemotherapy, gynecologic cancer screening and surveillance, as well as basic science research focusing on cell death in ovarian cancer.
My areas of clinical interest include all cancers of the female reproductive system, including uterine, ovarian, cervical, vulvar, and vaginal cancer. As the Director of Minimally Invasive Surgery for the Department of Gynecologic Oncology, I have taken a leading role in developing and promoting the robotics program at Roswell Park. I have performed hundreds of robotic surgeries to treat and stage gynecologic cancers, as well as complex benign conditions such as endometriosis. I have lectured regionally and nationally on robotic surgery and the ground-breaking benefits it provides for well-selected patients. I have also trained and proctored dozens of surgeons in robotic surgical techniques.
I am a Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, as well as an active member in numerous professional organizations, including the Gynecologic Oncology Group, the Society of Gynecologic Oncology, the Buffalo Gynecologic and Obstetric Society, and the American Society of Clinical Oncology. I am board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology and have co-authored over 40 publications, book chapters, and abstracts.
- Mhawech-Fauceglia P, Wang D, Lele S, Frederick PJ, Pejovic T, Liu S. Claudin7 and moesin in endometrial Adenocarcinoma; a retrospective study of 265 patients. BMC research notes 2012; 5 :65
- Fauci JM, Schneider KE, Frederick PJ, Wilding G, Consiglio J, Sutton AL, Kilgore LC, Barnes MN.Assessment of risk factors for 30-day hospital readmission after surgical cytoreduction in epithelial ovarian carcinoma. International journal of gynecological cancer 2011; 215:806-810
- Whitworth JM, Schneider KE, Frederick PJ, Finan MA, Reed E, Fauci JM, Straughn Jr JM, Rocconi RP.Double prophylaxis for deep venous thrombosis in patients with gynecologic oncology who are undergoing laparotomy does preoperative anticoagulation matter? . International journal of gynecological cancer 2011; 216:1131-1134
- Mhawech-Fauceglia P, Wang D, Kesterson J, Syriac S, Clark K, Frederick PJ, Lele S, Liu S. Gene expression profiles in stage I uterine serous carcinoma in comparison to grade 3 and grade 1 stage I endometrioid adenocarcinoma. PloS one 2011; 63:e18066
- Frederick PJ, Ramirez PT, McQuinn L, Milam MR, Weber DM, Coleman RL, Gershenson DM, Landen CN.Preoperative factors predicting survival after secondary cytoreduction for recurrent ovarian cancer.International journal of gynecological cancer 2011; 215:831-836
- Fauci JM, Whitworth JM, Schneider KE, Subramaniam A, Zhang B, Frederick PJ, Kilgore LC, Straughn Jr JM.Prognostic significance of the relative dose intensity of chemotherapy in primary treatment of epithelial ovarian cancer. Gynecologic oncology 2011; 1223:532-535
- Greer HO, Novak L, Conner MG, Kendrick JE, Kimball KJ, Samples KL, Tapley EB, Falls NM, Frederick PJ, Straughn Jr JM. Impact of a weekly multidisciplinary tumor board conference on the management of women with gynecologic malignancies. International journal of gynecological cancer 2010; 208:1321-1325
- Sfakianos GP , Frederick PJ , Kendrick JE , Straughn JM , Kilgore LC , Huh WK. Robotic surgery in gynecologic oncology fellowship programs in the USA: a survey of fellows and fellowship directors.International journal of medical robotics and computer assisted surgery 2010; 64:405-412
- Whitworth JM, Schneider KE, Fauci JM, Sutton AL, Frederick PJ, Bevis KS, Straughn Jr JM, Alvarez RD. The clinical impact of computed tomography immediately following primary chemotherapy in patients with epithelial ovarian cancer. Clinical ovarian cancer 2010; 31:52-55
- Qian F, Old LJ, Shrikant P, Lele S, Moysich K, Cheney R, Liao J, Beck A, Frederick PJ, Ayyoub M, Valmori D, Matsuzaki J, Andrews C, Tario Jr JD, Mhawech-Fauceglia P, Wallace PK, Villella J, Odunsi K. Efficacy of levo-1-methyl tryptophan and dextro-1-methyl tryptophan in reversing indoleamine-2,3-dioxygenase-mediated arrest of T-cell proliferation in human epithelial ovarian cancer. Cancer research 2009;6913:5498-5504
- Shamshirsaz AA, Withiam-Leitch M, Odunsi K, Baker T, Frederick PJ, Lele S. Young patients with endometrial carcinoma selected for conservative treatment: a need for vigilance for synchronous ovarian carcinomas, case report and literature review. Gynecologic oncology 2007; 1043:757-760