I have been on the faculty at Roswell Park in the Department of Gynecologic Oncology since 2010. Originally from Buffalo, NY, I did my medical school and residency training in Obstetrics/Gynecology at the University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences. This was followed by three years of advanced fellowship training in gynecologic oncology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, focusing on all aspects of gynecologic cancer care, including advanced and minimally invasive surgical techniques, chemotherapy, gynecologic cancer screening and surveillance, as well as basic science research focusing on cell death in ovarian cancer.
My areas of clinical interest include all cancers of the female reproductive system, including uterine, ovarian, cervical, vulvar, and vaginal cancer. As the Director of Minimally Invasive Surgery for the Department of Gynecologic Oncology, I have taken a leading role in developing and promoting the robotics program at Roswell Park. I have performed hundreds of robotic surgeries to treat and stage gynecologic cancers, as well as complex benign conditions such as endometriosis. I have lectured regionally and nationally on robotic surgery and the ground-breaking benefits it provides for well-selected patients. I have also trained and proctored dozens of surgeons in robotic surgical techniques.
I am a Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, as well as an active member in numerous professional organizations, including the Gynecologic Oncology Group, the Society of Gynecologic Oncology, the Buffalo Gynecologic and Obstetric Society, and the American Society of Clinical Oncology. I am board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology and have co-authored over 40 publications, book chapters, and abstracts.
In addition to my work with patients at our main campus in Buffalo, I also see patients at our Roswell Park Care Network location in Jamestown on a weekly basis.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Associate Professor of Oncology
- Clinical Chief of Gynecology
- Associate Dean of Graduate Medical Education
- Director of Minimally Invasive Surgery in Gynecology Oncology
- Clinical Disease Team Leader, Department of Gynecologic Oncology
Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo
- Clinical Associate Professor
- Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Education and Training:
- MD - State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- BA - University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
- State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY (Gynecology/Obstetrics)
- University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL (Gynecologic Oncology)
- Obstetrics & Gynecology, American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Gynecologic Oncology, American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Honors & Awards:
- Buffalo Spree Magazine's 2019 list of Top Doctors
- CREOG National Faculty Award for excellence in resident education
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society