Our Experts Focus on Cancer
Our accomplished physicians are leaders in the field and hold leadership roles in the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN). Roswell Park physicians not only follow the evidence-based treatment guidelines used by physicians around the world — they write them.
- Medical Oncologist Ellis Levine, MD, sits on the National Comprehensive Cancer Network panel that establishes and continually updates the clinical practice guidelines for treatment of testicular cancer.
- Our multidisciplinary team integrates the expertise from several specialists, including oncology-focused urologists, medical and radiation oncologists, and transplant physicians, who see patients with testicular cancer every day. Patients may see multiple different specialists on the same visit.
- Roswell Park performs the highest volume of retroperitoneal lymph node dissections (RPLND) in upstate New York. The experience of the surgeon and hospital are critical to good outcomes for this operation which removes the lymph nodes deep in the abdomen next to important blood vessels and nerves.
The Most Advanced Treatments
We offer treatments at the forefront of cancer care, plus clinicians with the knowledge and experience to use them.
- Roswell Park’s Transplant & Cellular Therapy Center is one of the nation’s top centers for stem cell transplant. We provide this advanced and complex treatment within our comprehensive care model that integrates essential support services such as physical therapy, side effect management, support groups and counseling.
- Our program is accredited by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) signifying that we meet or exceed the highest standards of safety in cell collection and transplantation, and that our staff members have the education, training and experience to provide our patients the specialized care they need.
- As a research institution designated by the National Cancer Institute, we provide access to clinical trials that offer very latest treatment approaches — oftentimes years before they become available from other providers.
Our Comprehensive Support
We offer a broad range of support services to care for you, not just your cancer, including nutrition services, physical therapy, tobacco cessation, acupuncture, spiritual care, counseling, music, art and pet therapy, and more.
- The Young Adult Cancer Program provides supportive services, networking opportunities, social events and patient retreats specifically designed for patients in their 20s and 30s.
- Our Onco-Fertility Program provides important information and guidance regarding how your testicular cancer treatment may impact your fertility and sexuality and the options available to you, such as sperm banking.
- The Survivorship Center offers lifelong medical care and support to meet your unique needs as a cancer survivor as you face forward and aim for a higher level of ongoing wellness.
- The Sexual Health Clinic can help provide answers to issues that can be difficult to talk about. Therapies such as surgery, chemotherapy and radiation can cause side effects in men, including urinary incontinence, erectile dysfunction and hormonal problems that can make intimacy difficult.