Our specialty team of cancer-focused urologists, and medical and radiation oncologists, collaborate to determine the best treatment plan for each patient based on the stage of the cancer, age, general health and other factors. Treatment for testicular cancer includes the following approaches.
- Surgery to remove the affected testicle and lymph nodes deep in the abdomen.
- Radiation to target at-risk lymph nodes in the abdomen or pelvis, or areas of recurrent disease.
- Chemotherapy to treat cancer cells that may have spread beyond the testicle, or to reduce risk for recurrence.
- Stem cell transplant for patients with recurrent disease.
- Clinical trials to access more options to maximize survival and quality of life.