Our world-class center
Recognized by the National Cancer Institute as one of the nation’s elite comprehensive cancer centers, we offer physicians who are leaders in the field, advanced treatment facilities and the resources you need from diagnosis to survivorship.
- A Center of Excellence for Blood or Marrow Transplant, if you need a blood or marrow transplant (BMT), now or in the future, you’ll be in good hands in our Transplant Cellular Therapy Center. Roswell Park was among the first centers in the world to routinely offer BMT, and we consistently have excellent patient survival results
Our nationally recognized team
Our accomplished physicians are leaders in the field. Roswell Park physicians not only follow the evidence-based National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) guidelines used by physicians around the world; they write them.
- Francisco Hernandez-Ilizaliturri, MD, Chief of Lymphoma, is a member of the B-Cell Lymphoma panel. With more than 24 years of experience in the treatment of lymphoma, Dr. Hernandez-Ilizaliturri focuses his research on understanding why some lymphomas do not respond to therapy. His work has contributed to the development of new treatments.
- Paola Ghione, MD, serves on the T-Cell Lymphoma panel. Dr. Ghione has extensive experience in the management of Hodgkin lymphoma and rare T-cell lymphomas, including cutaneous T-cell lymphoma.
Our cutting-edge therapies
We offer treatments at the forefront of cancer care, plus clinicians with the knowledge and experience to use them. Your best options for lymphoma treatment may include:
- Chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy. Roswell Park is one of few sites authorized to provide all three of the latest FDA-approved CAR T-cell therapies for lymphoma.
- Targeted therapies, including B-cell lymphoma 2 (BCL-2) and Bruton Tyrosine Kinase (BTK) inhibitors
- Immunotherapies — including monoclonal antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates and bi-specific T-cell engagers (BiTE).
- Clinical trials of promising new treatments that are not widely available, including cutting-edge immunotherapies using novel CAR T cells.
Fast, early, accurate detection & diagnosis
Lymphoma is a diverse and complex disease with more than 90 subtypes — each with a distinct behavior, treatment response and prognosis. Determining your diagnosis correctly right from the start is essential to determining the right treatment plan for you.
- Roswell Park’s hematology (blood) pathologists concentrate on diagnosing blood and lymphoid cancers every single day. They are part of a dedicated, highly skilled team of specialists focused on accurately identifying the many different subtypes of lymphoma. Kai Fu, MD, PhD, Chief of Roswell Park’s Hematopathology Division, has extensive expertise in diagnosing lymphoid cancers.
- Our pathology experts use state-of-the-art tools — including flow cytometry and cytogenetic and gene sequencing technology — to best classify each type of lymphoma.
- Our Flow and Image Cytometry facility, recognized as one of the nation’s best, quickly identifies your specific lymphoma subtype. In addition, our dedicated genetic and molecular laboratories process our samples quickly and efficiently to determine the best treatment approach as soon as possible — usually within a few days.