- Targeted therapies, including B-cell lymphoma 2 (BCL-2) and Bruton Tyrosine Kinase (BTK) inhibitors
- Immunotherapies — including monoclonal antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates and bi-specific T-cell engagers (BiTE).
- Clinical trials of promising new treatments that are not widely available, including cutting-edge immunotherapies using novel CAR T cells.
And we are one of few sites authorized to provide all three FDA-approved CAR T-cell therapies against the CD19 antigen for specific types of lymphoma.
Learn more about lymphoma treatment options at Roswell Park.
Research That Speeds Promising New Treatments to Our Patients
Roswell Park places a strong emphasis on clinical research that can swiftly bring the latest and most advanced treatments to our patients.
Through clinical trials, our patients were among the first to benefit from polatuzumab vedotin (Polivy), a treatment option for many patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) who cannot be treated with other available drugs; rituximab (Rituxan), the first monoclonal antibody approved to treat patients with B-cell lymphoma; lenalidomide (Revlimid), an immunomodulatory drug for the treatment of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, follicular lymphoma and mantle cell lymphoma; and cladribine (Mavenclad), used for the treatment of non-Hodgkin lymphoma, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), acute myeloid leukemia and other conditions,
Experts Who Help Set the Standards
Members of our Lymphoma team are among the experts who serve on the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) panels that write the national guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of lymphomas:
- Francisco Hernandez-Ilizaliturri, MD, Chief of Lymphoma, is a member of the B-Cell Lymphoma panel. With more than 24 years of experience in the treatment of lymphoma, Dr. Hernandez-Ilizaliturri focuses his research on understanding why some lymphomas do not respond to therapy. His work has contributed to the development of new treatments.
- Paola Ghione, MD, serves on the T-Cell Lymphoma panel. Dr. Ghione has extensive experience in the management of Hodgkin lymphoma and rare T-cell lymphomas, including cutaneous T-cell lymphoma.
- Pallawi Torka, MD, is a member of the Hodgkin Lymphoma panel. Dr. Torka has special expertise in developing treatments for patients with mantle cell lymphoma, including older adults.
Fast, Early, Accurate Detection & Diagnosis
Roswell Park’s hematology (blood) pathologists concentrate on diagnosing blood and lymphoid cancers every single day. They are part of a dedicated, highly skilled team of specialists focused on accurately identifying the many different subtypes of lymphoma. Kai Fu, MD, PhD, Chief of Roswell Park’s Hematopathology Division, has extensive expertise in diagnosing lymphoid cancers.
Our pathology experts use state-of-the-art tools — including flow cytometry and cytogenetic and gene sequencing technology — to best classify each type of lymphoma.
Our Flow and Image Cytometry facility, recognized as one of the nation’s best, makes it possible to quickly identify your specific lymphoma subtype — information that will help your medical team create the best treatment plan for you. In addition, our dedicated genetic and molecular laboratories process our samples quickly and efficiently to determine the best treatment approach as soon as possible — usually within a few days.