Dr. Lipinski is a Buffalo Spree Top Doctor! See all of our physicians who made this year's list.
Specializing In:Brain Tumors Spine Tumors Spine Instrumentation Peripheral Nerve Tumors Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
Special Interests:Neurofibromatosis Peripheral Nerve Entrapments Skull Base and Intracranial Endoscopy
About Lindsay Lipinski
Originally from Baltimore, Maryland, Dr. Lipinski completed her undergraduate studies at the University of Maryland, finishing Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science in Animal Sciences. She attended Penn State College of Medicine, where she was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society in recognition of academic excellence. She completed her neurological surgery residency at the University at Buffalo, including time spent at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center for neuro-oncology training, elective time in Kijabe, Kenya participating in pediatric neurosurgery in the developing world, as well as an enfolded fellowship at the Mayo Clinic for training in peripheral nerve surgery.
Upon completion of residency, she had the privilege of spending four years on active duty in the United States Navy. She was stationed in Virginia but spent time serving at Camp Foster in Okinawa, Japan and Camp LeJeune in Jacksonville, NC, as well as a combat deployment to the NATO hospital in Kandahar, Afghanistan. She served in several military leadership roles, and her calm but direct style allowed her to impact change and promote the development of those serving under her. She also served as adjunct faculty, participating in medical student and resident education through the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences in Bethesda, Maryland. During her service, she was awarded the Navy Achievement Medal and Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, among other accolades.
After completion of her military service, she was thrilled to join the team in the Neuro-Oncology Center at Roswell Park as Assistant Professor of Oncology in May of 2019. Her focus is her clinical practice; her interests include brain and spine tumors, including primary tumors as well as metastatic disease, spine instrumentation, pituitary tumors, and peripheral nerve tumors, as well as entrapment neuropathies unrelated to cancer. She also has a special interest in neurofibromatosis and the surveillance and surgical management of patients and families affected by this diagnosis. She has published numerous articles on several topics in neurosurgery to include oncology, trauma, and peripheral nerve. She is a member of the Gold Humanism Honor Society and an advocate for the human connection in the practice of medicine.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
- Department of Neurosurgery
Education and Training:
- 2009 - MD - Penn State University, State College, PA
- 2015 - Neurological Surgery, Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- American Board of Neurological Surgeons
- AOA Honor Society
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- American Association of Neurologic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
Honors & Awards:
- Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal
- Navy Achievement Medal
- Resident of the Year Award, University at Buffalo Neurosurgery
Featured on Cancer Talk
Showing all3 of 4 CollapseView all
- Agyei JO, Lipinski LJ, Leonardo J: Case Report of a Primary Pituitary Abscess and Systematic Literature Review of Pituitary Abscess with a Focus on Patient Outcomes. World Neurosurg. 2017 Jan 30.
- Fanous, AA, Olszewski, NP, Lipinski, LJ, Qiu, J, Fabiano, AJ. Idiopathic Transverse Myelitis Mimicking an Intramedullary Spinal Cord Tumor. Case Rep Path. 2016 Sep 8.
- Fanous AA, Jowdy PK, Lipinski LJ, Balos LL, Li V. Association between trauma and acute hemorrhage of cavernous malformations in children: report of 3 cases. J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2016 Sep;18(3):263-8.
- Desy NM, Lipinski LJ, Tanaka S, Amrami KK, Rock MG, Spinner RJ. Recurrent Intraneural Ganglion Cysts: Pathoanatomic Patterns and Treatment Implications. Clin Anat. 2015 Aug 21.
- Lipinski LJ, Spinner RJ. Neurolysis, Neurectomy, and Nerve Repair/Reconstruction for Chronic Pain. Neurosurg Clin N Am. 2014 Oct;25(4):777-87.
- Lipinski LJ, Rock MG, Spinner RJ. Peroneal Intraneural Ganglion Cysts at the Fibular Neck: the Layered "U" Surgical Approach to the Articular Branch and Superior Tibiofibular Joint. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2015 May;157(5):837-40.
- Fanous AA, Lipinski LJ, Krishna C, Roger EP, Siddiqui AH, Levy El, Leonardo J, Pollina J. The Impact of Preoperative Angiographic Identification of the Artery of Adamkiewicz on Surgical Decision making in Patients undergoing Thoracolumbar Corpectomy. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2015 Aug 1;40(15):1194-9.
- Lin N, Wong AK, Lipinski LJ, Mokin M, Siddiqui AH: Reversible Changes in Diffusion- and Perfusion-Based Imaging in Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis. J Neurointery Surg. 2015 Feb 17.
- Lipinski LJ, Van Gompel J, Smith J, Spinner RJ. Spinal Accessory Neuropathy Following Dual Tunneling of Lead Extensions for Motor Cortex Stimulation. Stereotact Funct Neurosurg. 2014;92(3):178-81.
- Lipinski LJ, Fabiano AJ: En Plaque Spinal Leptomeningeal Carcinomatosis from Metastatic Melanoma. Spine J. 2014 Aug 1;14(8):1808-9.
- Aliotta RE, Roger EP, Lipinski LJ, Fabiano AJ: Assessment of Long-term Kyphosis Following Transthoracic Corpectomy with Single Adjacent Level Posterior Instrumentation. J Craniovertebr Junction Spine. 2014 Jan;5(1):55-7.
- Lipinski LJ, Hoppenot RG, Fenstermaker RA, Fabiano AJ. Method for Securing Titanium Cerebellar Retractors. Surg Neurol Int. 2013;4:146.