Established in 1991, the Roswell Park Alliance Foundation is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization that manages all donations made to Roswell Park Cancer Institute. Since its inception, over $314 million has been contributed to benefit the Institute's research, education and patient care programs.
To maximize dollars available for Roswell Park Cancer Institute’s most promising lifesaving research, treatment and prevention programs, while supporting the psychosocial needs of patients and families touched by cancer. Fundraising events and initiatives are carried out through a partnership between committed Roswell Park Alliance volunteers and Foundation staff.
Priority Funding Areas
- Scientific research seed funding for projects showing the greatest potential to save lives
- State-of-the-art medical/scientific technology and shared resources
- Capital support for Institute-wide building, clinic and center growth
- "Quality of Life" programs benefiting patients and families
Deciding How Donor Dollars Are Spent
- Roswell Park’s Scientific Advisory Committee — comprised of clinicians, scientists, and administrative managers — meets twice annually to award grants through a competitive application and review process.
- Quality of Life grants are determined by a committee made up of those closest to Roswell’s patients – nurses, physicians, and representatives from other patient care and support areas.
The Roswell Park Alliance Foundation ensures that every donation is been put to the best possible use, and has been recognized numerous times for those efforts:
- Charity Navigator, America’s largest charity evaluator, has given the Alliance Foundation a four-star rating — the highest-possible — for sound fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency. “This exceptional designation differentiates the Alliance Foundation from its peers and demonstrates to the public that it is worthy of their trust,” said Michael Thatcher, Charity Navigator and CEO.
- The Alliance Foundation was the inaugural winner of the Better Business Bureau Foundation’s Torch Award for Philanthropic Excellence. The award commends the Alliance Foundation for its excellence in five key areas — its commitment to mission, management practices, donor relations, awareness and reputation.
To Contact Us
Roswell Park Alliance Foundation
Elm & Carlton Streets
Buffalo, NY 14263
Phone: 716-845-4444 / Fax: 716-845-1478
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
View Our Financial Statements
Click on the links below to view using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- 2014-2015 Annual Report
- 2013-2014 Annual Report
- 2012-2013 Annual Report
- IRS Form 990
- Audited Financial Statements
Roswell Park Alliance Foundation Trustees
Scott Bieler, Vice Chair
Scott E. Friedman, Esq.
Melissa Garman Baumgart, Treasurer
Anne D. Gioia, Secretary
Donna M. Gioia
Pamela R. Jacobs Vogt
Patrick P. Lee
Gerald C. Saxe
Lee C. Wortham, Chair
Roswell Park Alliance Staff
Cindy Eller, Vice President for Development & Executive Director
Tammy Lightcap, Senior Director of Finance & Operations
Kimberly David, Executive Assistant
Special Events & Corporate Partnership
Jennifer Hickok, Director of Special Events & Corporate Partnerships
Bryan Sidorowicz, Director of The Ride For Roswell
Major Gifts & Hospitality
Linda Kahn, Senior Director of Special Campaigns
Michael J. Madonia, Director of Individual Giving
Kim Guido, Major Gifts Officer
Nancy Holiman, Major Gifts Officer
Mary Rose McDermott, Gratwick Society, RPCI Tours
Chris Wesley, Director of Volunteer Services