We ensure that every donation is put to the best possible use, and has been recognized numerous times for those efforts:
- Charity Navigator, America’s largest charity evaluator, has given the Alliance Foundation a four-star rating — the highest possible — for sound fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency for six straight years. “This exceptional designation differentiates the Alliance Foundation from its peers and demonstrates to the public that it is worthy of their trust,” said Michael Thatcher, Charity Navigator and CEO.
- The Alliance Foundation was the inaugural winner of the Better Business Bureau Foundation’s Torch Award for Philanthropic Excellence. The award commends the Alliance Foundation for its excellence in five key areas — its commitment to mission, management practices, donor relations, awareness and reputation.
Priority funding areas
- Scientific research seed funding for projects showing the greatest potential to save lives
- State-of-the-art medical/scientific technology and shared resources
- Capital support for Institute-wide building, clinic and center growth
- Quality-of-life programs benefiting patients and families
An internal, objective committee decides what projects receive funding based on their ability to find cancer cures and save lives. The initiatives that receive support often lead to long-term funding from national organizations, as well as new treatments. On average, every dollar donated to Roswell Park leads to an additional $23 in new grant funding.
Deciding how donor dollars are spent
- Roswell Park’s Scientific Advisory Committee — comprising clinicians, scientists and administrative managers — meets twice annually to award grants through a competitive application and review process.
- Quality-of-life grants are determined by a committee made up of those closest to Roswell’s patients – nurses, physicians and representatives from other patient care and support areas.
View our financial statements
Click on the links below to view using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Roswell Park Alliance Foundation statement of donor privacy
Your privacy is of utmost importance to us. For this reason, the Roswell Park Alliance Foundation will not sell or trade its donors' personal or contact information with anyone else, nor will we send mailings or emails to you on behalf of other organizations.