Our Cytopathology Fellowship fine-tunes your skills in a friendly and collegial atmosphere. Our teaching style promotes graduated responsibilities; with that, the daily exposure to ROSE of complex radiologic and endoscopic cases, and a wide range of all disease cytology, you will be confident for your next job adventures.Assistant Professor of OncologyProgram Director, Cytopathology Fellowship
As a free-standing, NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, our collaborative, interdisciplinary programs connect fellows with clinicians, researchers and specialists who understand every aspect of cancer science. During your fellowship in Cytopathology at Roswell Park, you’ll be an integral part of patient care, from preliminary diagnosis to disease triage.
As a cytopathology fellow, you’ll participate in:
- Tele-Cytopathology (ROSE)
- High-volume endoscopic ultrasound procedures
- Mixed neoplastic and non-neoplastic disorders
- Disease-specific multidisciplinary conferences
- Teaching pathology residents and medical students
- Scientific research projects for submission, including poster presentations and journal publications
- Quality Assurance projects
- Lab Management activities
Stipends are commensurate with your postgraduate year of training. Fellows also receive funds for educational resources and professional development.
The Cytopathology Fellowship Program at Roswell Park is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
- You must have completed your residency training in an ACGME-accredited program, in either a three-year AP or four-year AP/CP program, before your fellowship start date.
- Board certification by the American Board of Pathology in AP or AP/CP is highly desirable.
- In addition, candidates must be eligible for a New York State Medical License or Limited Permit.
University at Buffalo sponsors J-1 and H-1B visas for trainees outside the United States who are appling for this fellowship position.
How to apply
To apply, send your CV, a personal statement, CAP standardized fellowship application form, and three letters of reference to Danielle.Selleck@RoswellPark.org.
Note: We follow the American Society of Cytopathology Unified Recruitment Timeline. We will have more information in the coming months regarding application windows.