Intensive training in a collaborative environment
When you choose a fellowship in Thoracic Surgery Oncology at Roswell Park, you’ll be an integral part of patient care, from diagnosis to staging to interdisciplinary treatment.
As a free-standing NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, our translational medicine model connects fellows with clinicians, researchers and specialists who understand every aspect of cancer science.
During your fellowship, you’ll focus on:
- Lung cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Chest wall masses
- Mediastinal masses
- Malignant pleural disease
Your training will include:
- Diagnostic and staging methods, including bronchoscopy, endobronchial ultrasound, navigational bronchoscopy, enhanced mediastinoscopy and endoscopic ultrasound
- Minimally invasive surgery, including thoracoscopic, laparoscopic and robotic procedures
- Preoperative and postoperative, inpatient and outpatient care and management
- Elective rotations in research, pathology, medical or radiation oncology, and more
- Decision making, collaborative management per NCCN guidelines, and intra-institutional and multi-institutional research protocols
There is only one thoracic surgical oncology training program you can go to and feel completely prepared to fight your patient's cancer, no matter how complex – Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer CenterSiobain Horan, MD,
Class of 2017
Eligibility & how to apply
Requirements for the Thoracic Surgery fellowship at Roswell Park include:
- Completion of an ACGME cardiothoracic surgery residency or the equivalent
- Passage of USMLE Step 1, 2 and 3 or NBME Part I, II and III
- TOEFL for foreign physicians
- Have the ability to obtain a New York State medical license
We do not participate in a formal match for our fellowship, the application process is essentially a rolling timeline. Candidates can apply at any time during the year.
Candidates interested in our Thoracic fellowship are advised to send a CV and letter of interest to Nancy Sikora or Mark Hennon, MD.
For more information about the Thoracic Surgery Fellowship at Roswell Park, connect with: