Our nephrology service provides clinical care for renal (kidney) problems experienced by patients in both the inpatient and outpatient setting. We do not treat kidney cancer, but rather treat kidney complications of patients with cancer (termed onco-nephrology).
Our providers are employed by UBMD, and are board certified in Nephrology, each has a specific interest in onco-nephrology.
Services we offer
- Order tests for evaluation of kidney function
- Assess and treat kidney dysfunction
- Hemodialysis for patients with acute kidney injury who require replacement of their intrinsic kidney function while waiting for their kidneys to recover.
- Hemodialysis services to patients with end stage kidney disease who need to be hospitalized for the treatment of their cancer.
- Continuous renal replacement therapy for those patients who are too unstable to undergo routine hemodialysis.
- Consult on various fluid and electrolyte disorders, (water, sodium, potassium, calcium, and acid-base status) which may be experienced by patients undergoing chemotherapy.
- Follow-up care for patients with acute kidney injury or chronic kidney disease.