At Roswell Park, you have more than just one sarcoma expert, you have a team of them. This team includes physicians from different medical specialties — surgical, medical and radiation oncologists, diagnostic radiologists, plastic & reconstructive surgeons and others — that bring their unique expertise together to determine the very best path forward for you.
Learn what your personalized sarcoma care plan at Roswell Park would include.
In addition to determining the types of treatment, our team collaborates to determine the their sequence in order to optimize their effectiveness. Your sarcoma treatment plan will likely include one or more of the following approaches:
- Surgery to expertly remove the cancer from the body.
- Immunotherapy which uses drugs that help your own immune system to recognize and attack the cancer cells.
- Chemotherapy which uses drugs to attack cancer cells. Roswell Park also offers regional chemotherapy approaches that confine the drugs to certain body areas that need it most.
- Targeted therapy which uses drugs that finds and kill cancer cells by homing in on certain unique characteristics of the cell.
- Radiation therapy to attack cancer cells with precisely targeted high-energy radiation.
- Clinical trials to access the very latest approaches.
- Cryoablation which uses extreme cold to destroy certain desmoid tumors or recurrent sarcomas that cannot be removed with surgery.
- Plastic & reconstructive surgery to restore and improve the appearance and function of affected skin and body structures.