Our world-class center
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center is designated by the National Cancer Institute as one of the nation’s elite — one of a select group that meets rigorous standards for quality cancer care and pioneering research and educational missions — and we’re the only one in the state outside of New York City.
- Our accomplished physicians are leaders in the field and hold leadership roles in the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN). Roswell Park physicians not only follow the evidence-based NCCN treatment guidelines used by physicians around the world; they write them.
Roswell Park’s Renuka, Iyer, MD, Co-Leader of the Liver & Pancreas Tumor Center, serves on the NCCN panel that determines the best practices for treating liver cancer.
Our cutting-edge therapies
We offer treatments at the forefront of cancer care, plus clinicians with the knowledge and experience to use them. Your cancer care plan may include:
- Surgery performed by our high-volume surgical team who focus on complex liver and bile duct operations and minimally invasive laparoscopic approaches.
- Advanced stereotactic radiation therapy technology that can target challenging spots within the liver.
- Treatment for colorectal liver metastases that increases the number of patients eligible for liver surgery by 10 to 30%.
- Liver-directed therapies that offer a surgical alternative to improve survival and quality of life for patients with primary liver cancer and liver metastases.
- Access to the latest emerging treatments, immunotherapies and targeted drugs, through clinical trials.
Quality, comprehensive care
We provide multidisciplinary cancer care that integrates the expertise from hepatobiliary surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists, pathologists, diagnostic and interventional radiologists who focus on patients with liver cancer and liver metastases every day. Roswell Park cancer care includes:
- A wide range of supportive services to care for you and not just your cancer, including nutrition services, physical and occupational therapy, counseling, spiritual care, tobacco cessation, acupuncture, art, music and pet therapy programs and more.
- Our Survivorship Center that focuses on patients who have completed treatment to address new or ongoing effects and help you aim for a higher level of life-long wellness.