Roswell Park bladder cancer patients have access to these important resources:
- A Patient’s Guide to Bladder Cancer, a patient-friendly manual written by Roswell Park’s bladder cancer team that simplifies medical and surgical information, so patients and their caregivers can make informed decisions from diagnosis through recovery. Roswell Park patients may receive a copy in the Urology clinic or purchase an electronic version from Amazon.
- BCG Treatment App. Developed specifically for Roswell Park patients undergoing intravesical therapy using Bacillus Calmentte-Guerin (BCG), an immunotherapy drug that is a weakened, non-infectious form of the bacteria that causes tuberculosis. This app is a tool to help you understand your diagnosis and treatment and follow the guidelines for optimal results. The BCG Treatment app is available for free through iTunes and Google Play.
- Bladder Cancer Support Group meets on the 4th Tuesday of every month in the Linda Dobmeier Conference Room, Ground Floor of the Clinical Sciences Building.
- Ostomy Support Group meets on the 2nd Wednesday of every month in the Linda Dobmeier Conference Room, Ground Floor of the Clinical Sciences Building.
- Survivorship Center specifically for patients who have completed active treatment, provides comprehensive services to address your unique needs as a cancer survivor and helps you move toward a higher level of life long wellness.