Although I’m new to the Buffalo area, I’m no stranger to the northeast. I grew up in Elmira, NY, and knew from an early age that I wanted to become a physician. My father is a lung doctor, and I had the chance to see the satisfaction that he had in caring for patients with complex illnesses.
I attended Bucknell University, where I majored in Biology and History. Bucknell University is where I met my future wife, Kristen. We moved to Richmond, Virginia, where I started medical school and where we married. After medical school, we moved to Denver, Colorado, for my residency in Internal Medicine. This is where my twin children were born, and I worked as a hospitalist for several years so that I could spend more time with them.
Pulmonary medicine has always been an interest for me, though, and so I returned to fellowship at the University of Virginia. After this, I joined a private practice for several years before returning to fellowship again for interventional pulmonology at the University of California, San Francisco. Now, I’m excited to use the skills that I developed throughout all my training programs, and in particular, those in my interventional pulmonary fellowship in caring for patients at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
- Thoracic Surgery
Education and Training:
- 2003-2007 - MD - Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, VA
- 2008-2010 - Internal Medicine Residency, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO
- 2007-2008 - Internal Medicine Internship, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO
- 2013-2016 - Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- 2018-2019 - Interventional Pulmonology Fellowship, University of California San Francisco/Palo Alto Medical Foundation, San Francisco, CA; Mountain View, CA
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Critical Care Medicine
- American Board of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American Thoracic Society
- 2016–2018 - Pulmonary and Critical Care Physician, Christus St, Vincent Regional Medical Center, Santa Fe, NM
- 2016–2018 - Medical Director, Pulmonary Rehabilitation Center Christus St. Vincent Regional Medical Center, Santa Fe, NM
- 2010–2013 - Hospitalist Physician at St. Anthony's Hospital, Denver, CO
Honors & Awards:
- 2016 - Fellow of the Year - Elected by the Internal Medicine Residency Class for excellence in teaching, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- 2006 - Thomas and Mary Schaia Family Scholarship - Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA