Our world-class center
Roswell Park is a comprehensive cancer center designated by the National Cancer Institute, one of a select group that meet rigorous standards for quality cancer care, pioneering research and educational missions, and the only one in the state outside of New York City.
- An internationally recognized expert, Roswell Park’s Jens Hillengass, MD, PhD, serves on the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) panel that develops the national guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of multiple myeloma. He was lead investigator of a study supported by the Black Swan Research Initiative of the International Myeloma Foundation, a groundbreaking project that brings together renowned researchers from around the world to work together toward a cure.
- A Center of Excellence for Stem Cell Transplant. If you need a stem cell transplant (what used to be called blood or marrow transplant or BMT), now or in the future, you’ll be in good hands in our Transplant & Cellular Therapy Center. Roswell Park was among the first centers in the world to routinely offer BMT, and we consistently have excellent patient survival results.
Our cutting-edge therapies
We offer treatments at the forefront of cancer care, plus clinicians with the knowledge and experience to use them. Our patients with multiple myeloma may opt for a treatment plan that includes:
- Chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy, which harvests cancer-killing T-cells from the patient, engineers and multiplies them in a laboratory and infuses them back into the patient to fight the cancer. Roswell Park is the only facility certified to treat patients with these latest options, Abecma™ and Carvykti,™ in the region.
- Clinical trials of the latest treatments that may not be available elsewhere, including immunotherapies and the SurVaxM vaccine, which was developed by our own researchers.
Quality, Comprehensive cancer care
Although multiple myeloma is a rare disease, Roswell Park’s experts see it every day. We provide multidisciplinary cancer care that integrates the expertise from hematologists, oncologists, hematopathologists and physicians who focus exclusively on patients with blood cell cancers like multiple myeloma.
- Studies show that patients who are treated at high-volume, academic, comprehensive cancer centers like Roswell Park experience superior overall survival compared with those treated at other types of institutions.
- Our broad range of support services helps to care for you, not just your cancer, including nutrition services, physical therapy, tobacco cessation, pain management, acupuncture, spiritual care, counseling, music, art and pet therapy, and more.