Dr. Ozturk is a Buffalo Spree Top Doctor! See all of our physicians who made this year's list.
Specializing In:Microsurgical breast reconstruction Head and neck reconstruction Composite tissue allotransplantation Musculoskeletal oncologic reconstruction
About Can Ozturk
Dr. Ozturk received his medical training at Istanbul University Cerrahpasa Medical School and went on to complete a residency in Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery. He worked as a microsurgery course instructor and completed research fellowship about composite tissue allotransplantation, nerve regeneration and stem cells at Cleveland Clinic. He also completed reconstructive microsurgery fellowship in plastic surgery department at Cleveland Clinic. His special interests include microsurgical breast reconstruction, head and neck reconstruction, composite tissue allotransplantation and skin cancers.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Associate Professor of Oncology
- in conjunction with Drs. Lohman, Moon, Tomljanovich and Cemile Ozturk
- Department of Head & Neck/Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Education and Training:
- 1995-2001 - MD - Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa Medical School, Istanbul, Turkey
- 2002-2008 - Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery - Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa Medical School, Istanbul, Turkey
- 2012-2013 - Reconstructive Microsurgery - Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- 2010-2012 - Research Fellowship -
- 2010 - EBOPRAS (European Board of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery)
- 2009-present - ISAPS (International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery)
- 2009-present - TPRECD (Turkish Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons)
- 2009-present - EPCD (Turkish Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery)
- Ozturk CN, Ozturk C, Bozkurt M, Uygur HS, Papay FA, Zins JE. Dentition, Bone Loss, and the Aging of the Mandible. Aesthet Surg J. 2013 Sep 1;33(7):967-974. Epub 2013 Sep 10. PubMed PMID: 24023258.
- Ozturk CN, Kundu N, Bernard S, Cooper K, Ozturk C, Djohan R. Breast Reconstruction With Abdominal-Based Free Flaps in High Body Mass Index Population: Postoperative Complications and Impact of Weight Loss. Ann Plast Surg. 2013 Mar 28. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 23542834.
- Siemionow M, Ozturk C. Face transplantation: outcomes, concerns, controversies, and future directions. J Craniofac Surg. 2012 Jan;23(1):254-9. doi: 10.1097/SCS.0b013e318241b920. Review. PubMed PMID: 22337420.
- Siemionow M, Ozturk C. An update on facial transplantation cases performed between 2005 and 2010. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2011 Dec;128(6):707e-20e. doi: 10.1097/PRS.0b013e318230c77b. Review. PubMed PMID: 22094772.
- Siemionow M, Ozturk C. Donor operation for face transplantation. J Reconstr Microsurg. 2012 Jan;28(1):35-42. doi: 10.1055/s-0031-1272963. Epub 2011 Mar 3. Review. PubMed PMID: 21374550