Social Media Guidelines
Thank you for interacting with the extended Roswell Park network on our various social media communities. These communities include all Roswell Park created or sponsored online networks, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs and discussion forums. We encourage you to join the discussion and share your comments, but please remember that anything you post is public and viewable by anyone in the world.
To help you get the most positive experience on our social networks, Roswell Park has established the following guidelines:
- Be respectful. We expect a certain level of civility and that you will refrain from use of profanity or abusive language.
- Roswell Park reserves the right to remove any comments that we find unlawful, inaccurate, abusive, soliciting or objectionable in any other way.
- Abide by the law. Respect the guidelines of any third-party websites (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc.). Roswell Park is not responsible for these guidelines or their enforcement.
- Protect your own privacy. Before sharing any personal information, please carefully consider whether you want that information to be public.
- By participating with Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center in social networking communities, you agree to indemnify Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any posts you have made.
- If you are a Roswell Park employee, you are expected to adhere to Roswell Park’s internal social media policy. You are encouraged to review this policy.
- Information posted by Roswell Park is intended for informational and educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.