Radiation Medicine Resident
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
Expected Graduation: 2022
Education and Training:
Internship - West Virginia University
MD - West Virginia University
Graduate School - West Virginia University
Undergraduate - Canisius College
Radiation Oncology University at Buffalo, School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences, Buffalo, NY
- Farrugia MK, Vargo JA. What to do with Deauville 3 interim PET/CT response in a young woman with classical unfavorable Hodgkin's Lymphoma - To irradiate or not to irradiate? Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2018. epub ahead of print
- Pifer P, Farrugia MK, Mattes MD. Comparative analysis of the views of oncologic subspecialists and palliative/supportive care physicians regarding advanced care planning and end-of-life care. Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2018;35(10):1287-1291.
- Farrugia MK, S Wen, Jacobson GM, Salkeni MA. Prognostic factors in breast cancer patients evaluated by PET/CT prior to neoadjuvant chemotherapy. World J Nucl Med. 2018;17(4):275-280.
- Lin CC, Sharma SB, Farrugia MK, McLaughlin SL, Ice RJ, Loskutov YV, Pugacheva EN, Brundage KM, Chen D, & Ruppert JM. Kruppel-like factor 4 signals through microRNA-206 to promote tumor initiation and cell survival. Oncogenesis 2015, 4:e155. doi: 10.1038/oncsis.2015.8
- Farrugia MK, Sharma SB, Lin CC, McLaughlin SL, Vanderbilt DB, Ammer AG, Salkeni MA, Stoilov P, Agazie YM, Creighton CJ, & Ruppert JM. Regulation of anti-apoptotic signaling by Kruppel-like factors 4 and 5 mediates lapatinib resistance in breast cancer. Cell Death Dis. 2015;6:e1699. doi: 10.1038/cddis.2015.65