We are seeking an enthusiastic and talented candidate with a Ph.D. in cancer biology, genetics, molecular biology, experimental therapeutics, bioinformatics or related field.
- Perform a variety of routine and specialized lab tests and experimental procedures.
- Have access to patient database, tissue specimen, cell culture, patient-derived xenograft, next-generation sequencing and genetic mouse model.
- Assist with writing animal and human trial protocols, manuscripts, and grants.
Identify novel therapeutic targets that drive bladder cancer development and progression.
- Xu, D et al. A Preclinical Study to Repurpose Spironolactone for Enhancing Chemotherapy Response in Bladder Cancer. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics. 2022 May 4;21(5):786-798. doi: 10.1158/1535-7163.
Genetically engineered mouse models (GEMMs) of bladder cancer to investigate molecular mechanisms of bladder cancer variant histology, differentiation, progression, and metastasis using in vivo analyses of GEMMs and patient-derived organoid models.
- Xu, D et al. Single-Cell Analyses of a Novel Mouse Urothelial Carcinoma Model Reveal a Role of Tumor-Associated Macrophages in Response to Anti-PD-1 Therapy. Cancers (In Press).
- Xu, D et al. Ex Vivo Organoid Model of Adenovirus-Cre 582 Mediated Gene Deletions in Mouse Urothelial Cells. J. Vis. Exp. 2022, e63855, doi:10.3791/63855.)
- Research experience in human genetics, drug experiments & molecular biology.
- Experience with genetically engineered mouse models, mouse breeding/care.
- Demonstrated proficiency in data analysis in molecular and cancer biology.
- Publications in high-impact peer-reviewed journals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Optional experience with next-generation sequencing data, RNAseq, single-cell sequencing and common analysis tool.
The candidate is expected to be highly motivated, possess excellent presentation and interpersonal skills. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae and contact information of three referees to:
Shannon.Zelli@RoswellPark.org & Qiang.Li@RoswellPark.org.