Information for Canadian Patients

If your healthcare is based in Canada, please know that our physicians and support staff will work with your Canadian care team if it is determined that you would benefit from receiving some of your care at the Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center.

Travel requirements

The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) is a result of the Intelligence Reform and Prevention Act of 2004 (IRTPA), requiring all travelers to present a passport or other document that denotes identity and citizenship when entering the US.

Air travel

Persons traveling by air between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean region are required to present a passport or other valid travel document to enter or re-enter the United States.

Land and sea travel

Implemented on January 31, 2008, U.S. and Canadian citizens will need to present either a WHTI-compliant document, or a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license, plus proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate. DHS also proposes to begin alternative procedures for U.S. and Canadian children at that time.

Canadian visitors

Canadian citizens who are planning to travel to the United States for cancer treatment generally must be able to demonstrate that the purpose of their trip is to enter the United States for medical treatment; that they plan to remain for a specific, limited period; and that they intend to return to their home country.


If you live outside the U.S. and would like to receive a consultation, second opinion, or obtain cancer treatment at Roswell Park, our referral specialists, available at 1-716-845-4020, will be able to help you coordinate all aspects of your cancer care.

Directions to Roswell Park

Let our directions and maps assist you when traveling from Canada to Western New York.

If you would like to receive more information, please call 1-800-ROSWELL (1-800-767-9355) or email