Specializing In:Acute myeloid leukemia (AML) Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) Myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPNs) Chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) Myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) Benign hematology
About Steven Green
I treat patients with blood disorders, including cancers such as leukemia and benign conditions such as clotting and bleeding.
I completed all of my training at Indiana University including medical school, internal medicine residency, and a fellowship in hematology/oncology at the IU Melvin and Bren Simon Comprehensive Cancer Center. My area of research interest is early-phase clinical trials in AML.
I am interested in designing clinical trials for novel agents in AML, advancing treatment strategies for the adolescent and young adult population, and further refining our understanding of the ways in which various combinations of mutations contribute to prognosis and targeted therapy response/resistance.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
- Leukemia Service, Department of Medicine
Education and Training:
- 2011 - BS - Biotechnology, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
- 2015 - MD - Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- 2018- Internal Medicine - Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- 2021- Hematology/Oncology - Indiana University Melvin and Bren Simon Comprehensive Cancer Center, Indianapolis, IN
- 2018- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Society of Hematology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
1. Kim, M.H., Green, S.D. (co-first author), Lin, C., Konig, H. Engineering Tools for Regulating Hypoxia in Tumor Models. Journal of Cellular and Molecular. 2021; July 2. PMID: 34213838.
2. Espinoza-Gutarra, M.R., Green, S.D., Zeidner, J., Konig, H. CD123-targeted therapy in acute myeloid leukemia. Expert Review of Hematology. 2021 Jun 14:1-16. PMID: 34043467.
3. Richardson, D.R., Green, S.D., Foster, M.C., Zeidner, J.F. Secondary AML Emerging After Therapy with Hypomethylating Agents: Outcomes, Prognostic Factors, and Treatment Options. Current Hematologic Malignancy Reports. 2021 Feb;16(1):97-111. PMID: 33609248.
4. Peseski, A.M, McClean, M., Green, S.D., Beeler, C., Konig, H. Management of Fever and Neutropenia in Patients with Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Expert Review of Anti-infective Therapy. 2020, Oct; 5:1-20. PMID: 32892669.
5. Green, S.D., Konig, H. Treatment of Acute Myeloid Leukemia in the Era of Genomics—Achievements and Persisting Challenges. Frontiers in Genetics. 2020, May; 11:480. PMID: 32536937.