I am a urologic surgeon specializing in surgery for patients with genitourinary malignancy, including cancers of bladder, kidney, prostate and testis. My expertise includes open, endoscopic and minimally invasive techniques for the treatment of genitourinary cancers. The treatment of genitourinary cancer is complex and continues to evolve. It’s essential for patients to have a thorough knowledge and understanding of their options at the time of cancer diagnosis. The goal of our team is to provide appropriate curative therapeutic intervention and improve the quality of life of patients with genitourinary cancers. I work closely with colleagues in medical oncology, radiation oncology, and pathology to deliver the most up-to-date, multidisciplinary care which is tailored based on each patient’s circumstances.
My clinical and translational research is to identify biomarkers of bladder cancer that are associated tumor behavior and responses to different therapies. This will help us individualize treatment for each patient based on his or her tumor’s features and disease status. For the patients, this could mean access to the most appropriate therapy or therapy combination.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
- Department of Urology
Education and Training:
- MD - Hunan Medical University, China
- PhD - MD Anderson Cancer Center, The University of Texas, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences at Houston
- 2010-2015 - Section of Urology, Department of Surgery, Medical College of Georgia, Georgia Health Sciences University (now Augusta University), Augusta, GA
- 2015-2017 - Urology Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- American Urological Association
- Society of Urologic Oncology
- American Association for Cancer Research