I am a urologic surgeon specializing in surgery for patients with genitourinary malignancy, including cancers of bladder, kidney, prostate and testis. My expertise includes open, endoscopic and minimally invasive techniques for the treatment of genitourinary cancers. The treatment of genitourinary cancer is complex and continues to evolve. It’s essential for patients to have a thorough knowledge and understanding of their options at the time of cancer diagnosis. The goal of our team is to provide appropriate curative therapeutic intervention and improve the quality of life of patients with genitourinary cancers. I work closely with colleagues in medical oncology, radiation oncology, and pathology to deliver the most up-to-date, multidisciplinary care which is tailored based on each patient’s circumstances.
My clinical and translational research is to identify biomarkers of bladder cancer that are associated tumor behavior and responses to different therapies. This will help us individualize treatment for each patient based on his or her tumor’s features and disease status. For the patients, this could mean access to the most appropriate therapy or therapy combination.
- ERCC2 Helicase Domain Mutations Confer Nucleotide Excision Repair Deficiency and Drive Cisplatin Sensitivity in Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer. Li Q, Damish A, Frazier ZJ, Liu D, Reznichenko E, Kamburov A, Bell A, Zhao H, Jordan EJ, Gao SP, Ma J, Abbosh PH, Bellmunt J, Plimack ER, Lazaro JB, Solit DB, Bajorin DF, Rosenberg JE, D'Andrea AD, Riaz N, Van Allen EM, Iyer G, Mouw KW. Clinical Cancer Research. 2018 Jul 6.
- Genomic Differences Between "Primary" and "Secondary" Muscle-invasive Bladder Cancer as a Basis for Disparate Outcomes to Cisplatin-based Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy. Pietzak EJ, Zabor EC, Bagrodia A, Armenia J, Hu W, Zehir A, Funt S, Audenet F, Barron D, Maamouri N, Li Q, Teo MY, Arcila ME, Berger MF, Schultz N, Dalbagni G, Herr HW, Bajorin DF, Rosenberg JE, Al-Ahmadie H, Bochner BH, Solit DB, Iyer G. Eur Urol. 2018 Oct.
- The Impact of Plasmacytoid Variant Histology on the Survival of Patients with Urothelial Carcinoma of Bladder after Radical Cystectomy. Li Q, Assel M, Benfante NE, Pietzak EJ, Herr HW, Donat M, Cha EK, Donahue TF, Bochner BH, Dalbagni G. Eur Urol Focus. 2017 Jun 27. pii: S2405-4569(17)30164-5. doi: 10.1016/j.euf.2017.06.013. [Epub ahead of print]
- Prognostic Genetic Signatures in Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma. Li Q, Bagrodia A, Cha EK, Coleman JA. Curr Urol Rep. 2016 Feb;17(2):12. doi: 10.1007/s11934-015-0566-y. Review.
- Next-generation Sequencing of Nonmuscle Invasive Bladder Cancer Reveals Potential Biomarkers and Rational Therapeutic Targets. Pietzak EJ, Bagrodia A, Cha EK, Drill EN, Iyer G, Isharwal S, Ostrovnaya I, Baez P, Li Q, Berger MF, Zehir A, Schultz N, Rosenberg JE, Bajorin DF, Dalbagni G, Al-Ahmadie H, Solit DB, Bochner BH. Eur Urol. 2017 Jun 2. pii: S0302-2838(17)30466-9. doi: 10.1016/j.eururo.2017.05.032. [Epub ahead of print]
- Clinical Outcomes in Patients with Panurothelial Carcinoma Treated with Radical Nephroureterectomy Following Cystectomy for Metachronous Recurrence. Li Q, Assel M, Benfante N, Pietzak E, Bagrodia A, Cha E, Dalbagni G, Coleman J. J Urol. 2017 Mar 22. pii: S0022-5347(17)41403-0. doi: 10.1016/j.juro.2017.03.120. [Epub ahead of print]
- High level of dioxin-TEQ in tissue is associated with Agent Orange exposure but not with biochemical recurrence after radical prostatectomy. Li Q, Lan L, Klaassen Z, Shah SR, Moses KA, Terris MK. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2013 Dec;16(4):376-81. doi: 10.1038/pcan.2013.33. Epub 2013 Sep 10.