Dr. Bogner is a Buffalo Spree Top Doctor! See all of our physicians who made this year's list.
Specializing In:Diagnosis of skin tumors, including melanoma, carcinoma, lymphoma and sarcoma Diagnosis of rashes and inflammatory skin disease
Research Interests:Biology of melanocytic and epithelial skin tumors
About Paul Bogner
My focus is the laboratory diagnosis of skin disease, including skin cancer, rashes, and other conditions that can affect the skin. Proper pathologic diagnosis of the problem is often critical to getting the right treatment.
The Roswell Park Dermatopathology service reviews and diagnoses biopsies and other skin specimens from Roswell Park patients, patients in the WNY community and patients referred from elsewhere for a second diagnostic opinion.
- Associate Professor of Oncology
- Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
- Department of Dermatology
Roswell Park Care Network
- Medical Director, RPCI Laboratories
Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo
- Staff Pathologist and Dermatopathologist
- Department of Pathology & Anatomical Sciences
Education and Training:
- BS - Molecular Biology and Genetics, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
- MD - School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo
- University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute (Oncologic Surgical Pathology) Buffalo, NY
- University of Michigan Health System (Dermatopathology) Ann Arbor, MI
- Anatomic Pathology, American Board of Pathology
- Clinical Pathology, American Board of Pathology
- Dermatopathology, American Board of Pathology
- American Society of Dermatopathology
Kim M, Fisher DT, Bogner PN, Sharma U, Yu H, Skitzki JJ, Repasky EA. Manipulating adrenergic stress receptor signalling to enhance immunosuppression and prolong survival of vascularized composite tissue transplants. Clin Transl Med. 12(8):e996, 2022. PMID: 35994413
Luo L, Shen R, Arora A, Orlow I, Busam KJ, Lezcano C, Lee TK, Hernando E, Gorlov I, Amos C, Ernstoff MS, Seshan VE, Cust AE, Wilmott J, Scolyer, RA, Mann G, Nagore E, Funchain P, Ko J, Ngo P, Edmiston SN, Conway K, Googe PB, Ollila D, Lee JE, Fang S, Rees JR, Thompson CL, Gerstenblith M, Bosenberg M, Gould Rothberg B, Osman I, Saenger Y, Reynolds AZ, Schwartz M, Boyce T, Holmen S, Brunsgaard E, Bogner PN, Kuan PF, Wiggins C, Thomas NE, Begg CB, Berwick M. Landscape of mutations in early stage primary cutaneous melanoma: An InterMel study. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 35(6):605, 2022. PMID: 35876628
Ding L, Gosh A, Lee DJ, Emri G, Huss WJ, Bogner PN, Paragh G. Prognostic Biomarkers of Cutaneous Melanoma. Photodermatol Photoimmunl Photomed. 28(5):418, 2022. PMID: 34981569.
Bhat TA, Kalathil SG, Bogner PN, Blount BC, Goniewicz ML, Thanavala YM. An Animal Model of Inhaled Vitamin E Acetate and EVALI-like Lung Injury. N Engl J Med. 382(12);1175, 2020. PMID: 32101656
Bogner PN, Cheney RT, Zeitouni NC. Giant Keratoacanthoma: Case Report and Review of the English Literature. Am J Dermatopathol. 36(3):252-257 (2014). PMID: 23739248