Friends and family of adolescent inpatients are encouraged to visit during long-term hospital stays. A visit from a friend can lift the spirit, promote normalcy, and decrease the feeling of isolation that comes with a long hospital stay.
- Be sure to call 845-4562 - ext. 6 North before visiting to make sure the patient is up for visitors.
- When you get to the unit sign in with the nurse to verify that you have the correct room number.
- Wash your hands upon entering the unit and before entering the patient room.
- Visiting hours are from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm.
- Visitors under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult and obtain permission from the charge nurse.
- Overnight visitation is only allowed for parents or family and friends over 18 who have received permission from the charge nurse.
Please DO NOT visit if you:
- Are not feeling well that day
- Have a cold, flu or other respiratory infection
- Have chicken pox, shingles, herpes simplex or other contagious diseases
- Have been exposed to a person with a contagious disease within the last 3 weeks
- Have had immunizations with a live vaccine with the last 4 days such as MMRm Varicella, Flumist or OPV
What you can bring
- Electronics that have been approved by the nurse
- Games, movies, cards… in addition to the many available in the Lion's Den
What you CANNOT bring
- Live plants
- Fruits and vegetables must be washed and checked with the nurse before bringing them onto the units