It’s open enrollment season, the time of year to reevaluate your heath care coverage.
Whether you're selecting a health insurance plan at work, or purchasing one on your own, here are three important questions to ask before picking a plan:
- What does the policy cover?
- Can I have a list of participating physicians and facilities?
- Is Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center and its providers in-network with my plan?
(You may need to provide our Tax ID number 161552370 and our NPI numbers: Roswell 1548315401 and Roswell Park CPP 1720036593)
- What are my co-pays for specialist office visits, ambulatory surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, radiology and inpatient admissions?
- Do I have out-of-network benefits?
- Does my plan require out-of-network authorizations?
- What are my out-of-network benefits (deductible, coinsurance, out-of-pocket maximum)?
- Does my insurance plan access any special networks (such as Cancer Resource Services, MultiPlan, or MagnaCare)?
- Will I be balance billed for the difference between the usual and customary rates and Roswell Park's charges?
If you need help, Roswell Park's financial counselors are ready to assist you with any of your open enrollment, health insurance and billing questions. Ask a question online, or call 1-800-ROSWELL (1-800-767-9355).